My car has outstanding finance on it!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone ?

If you start your own thread instead of hijacking somebody else's, you will probably get more response.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 7 years later...
Hi there I have done a very silly thing and bought a car without doing an hpi check on it and have now applied for the registration documents and found out it has finance owed on it. Where do I stand now, I work away from home and the car is in a secure car park and the finance company have contacted my wife. Obviously I dont want to lose the car as I bought it in good will. what should I do now??????

I'm aware that this reply won't be relevant to you any longer but I did want to reply as there is so much misinformation about the topic of what to do if you bought a car with outstanding finance.

Unfortunately, those that bought a car on outstanding finance can be financially suffering for years to come, and without access to the right information people can be left in serious debt.

If the purchaser of the car with outstanding finance has purchased the vehicle in good faith, they can get in touch with an expert solicitor who can help them make a claim against the finance company. The customer is protected by law, so if you aren't sure about your rights, always go to a solicitor.

Solicitors can often advise you of what actions you can take without any initial charge, so you can be sure that the advise you are getting is correct. Have a look at what these solicitors based in Manchester said about the topic, they have a high rate of success and can help people across the country.

https://awhsolicitors.co.uk/services/hire-purchase/