Fendy - Can I Get Statements From Old Midland Bank Account 20 Years Ago

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I know this may sound dim, but Im not sure, so unless you ask you dont know do you, so here goes.........

I used to have a Midland Bank account about 22 years ago I opened it, and had it for about 12 years before the Midland because the HSBC. Have I any way of getting hold of statements for my account with them, going back that far............ and if so, is it way too old to claim for bank charges going that far back. Just thought I would ask as I know full well I had somewhere between £3000 and £9000 in bank charges for back then. Any ideas anybody in the know. ?????:D

The problem isnt if you can claim back over 6 years, this is something we are encoursging users to do.

The problem is actually getting the info out of HSBC. Other banks have given out more than 6 years after a lot of persuasion... as far as I know no-one has managed to get any more out of HSBC.

I would be very happy for someone to prove me wrong... I would be good if anyone has managed to do this to pop a post on here to help out fendy here!

Crusher :-D

Hi,

I closed an HSBC current account at the end of last year. Can i go back 6 years, on that account, to reclaim costs?

I have a business account with them and that is still open.

Thanks

Tony

Okies bump for anybody who might know if HSBC can give out statement going back 20 years. Im all for taking them on on charges imposed from that time which will be quite a lot, but I just dont know if they will provide statements to me going back that far. Anybody ?????

we're hitting a brick wall with this request. hsbc have told me they only hold microfice copies of the current 6 years...... yeah i know ludicrous!! gonna have to do more digging with my ex colleagues at hsbc i think:mad:

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi,

I closed an HSBC current account at the end of last year. Can i go back 6 years, on that account, to reclaim costs?

I have a business account with them and that is still open.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony. .Yes you can. Send an S.A.R fOR your data. Can you start your own thread?, as Fendy may get upset hijacking her thread, even though i think it will be 500 posts by the end of the week.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

Me, offended, NEVER.............. the word doesnt even exist in my vocabulary, Lol. All the best, Fendyx Sent my SAR to HSBC nearly three weeks ago, and still nada,,,,,,,,,,,, but not worrying, theyve got 40 days to comply.............. if they even can on this one. Lol xxx No acknowledgement though, not anything. Lol. What they dont know is this............... IM THE MOST PERSISTENT, YET PATIENT PERSON ON THE PLANET, AND WONT GO AWAY. IF THIS TAKES A YEAR I WILL DO IT. LOL XXXXX GOT THE TASTE FOR IT NOW..................YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

• 5 weeks later...

Well, had the official letter from HSBC, hit a brick wall. As I dont have my account number:

a) they cant help me find it cos its older than 6 years ago and

b) even if I found it they refuse point blank to provide any SAR info saying their records only go back 6 years, end of story.

Cant take this any further, unless some info comes to light at a future date from anybody on how to get info going back longer. I had an account with them from 1988 to 1994 so if anybody gets hold of any gold dust info on how to obtain statements/info going back that far, then please give me a shout. I dont mind throwing money at this, to get money back. I just wanna go for em, thats all, and at the mo I CANT. I cant force them to provide info they say they just dont have.

Or has anybody got anymore ideas. My old branch has even closed down so I cant get any info there. Brick wall dudes............... no fun. I hate being beaten before Ive even started, Lol Lol xxx

Hi Netty,

I phoned hsbc onthe 4th of this month and asked for my statements from 1995-2001 and have been told they will be supplied...........

A few days later noticed the £10 has not been takne so calle dto query htis........ very ncie young man told me they will take it when the send them out, the request is being processed at the moment......

So there seems a little contradiction there me thinks!!!!;-)

rockin all over the world

But did you have your account number ??

Thats partly my problem.

a) I dont have my old account number (and they tell me they cant find one for me because its so old)

b) they say they dont hold this info.

Can I ask whom you spoke to and the phone number so I can give it a whirl.

Thanks

Fendy xxx

Fendy did you totally close your account with them in 94? long shot here but if you did and htne re-opend it later surely you must have told them and they would have checked that account?

even longer shot in the dark what about the freedom of info act?

rockin all over the world

I completely closed the old account and have never opened it aain or any other account since with HSBC nor set foot in a HSBC bank again.

So looks like Im stumped. I cant prove that they have the info going back any longer than that unless somebody can prove otherwise to me, Sadly. Fendy xxx Thing is I know the charges were huge, I would estimate between 5 and 10K hence why Im so keen to try and track down the acc number and get statements. Lol xxx

• 6 years later...

Dear Fendy , I have been following your post recently and just wondered how you have progressed with your claim as your last post on this subject was 2007.

I too have a similar problem with Lloyds bank with charges going back from 1988 to 1994/5. I am about to go to SAR to get the relevant information on my account, but reading your posts I really don't hold much hope!!!

Just wondered on your side of things....have you found any old cheque books lying around in old handbags etc or old bills ie: mortgage papers perhaps it may show a payment made from your old bank account , and that it might show on your mortgage statements!! ..just a thought.

• 5 years later...

Thread is over 5 years old.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I know it's an old thread but I just SAR'd HSBC

They produced all of my statements etc going back to 2001, pretty impressive I thought.

They also made it very easy and broke down the charges on a separate sheet.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread