Financial Ombudsman Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any one tell me 100% what i am entitled to, the FOS has just started an investigation into Bank of Scotland and the bank called me today and offered me all my charges but nothing extra, no interest, no sars fee, no postage refund, nothing...do i accept!

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

I have done all the letters but before i started court action i had complained to the FOS and they have today started an investigation, i have been waiting about 15 weeks and the fos waited 4 weeks. the FOS told me by letter today that they have passed it to their investigation team but the bank wrote to me also today offering me all the charges back..not sure what the score is, can i ask them for interest and sar fee etc...or do i just take the charges, i was going to put the court papers in tomorrow which is a pain. not sure what else i can tell you

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

If they have made you an offer for the full amount you were requesting, then you have to accept it.

If you had issued proceedings after your lba instead of waiting then you could ask for interest as well.

Also I cant understand your dates

YOu say that the FOS started an investigation today, then you say they waited 4 weeks, then you say you got a letter from them today???

Also you say the bank called you, then you say they wrote?

I reported bank of scotland to the FOS at teh start as well as doing the LBA etc, but i decided to leave it with them as i was too busy to do the court action myself, the FOS as i understood it would also try and get back some interest but in now the bank is offering em the full amount back.

The FOS gave the bank the normal 8weeks then wrote to them and then gave them another 5 weeks (i dont know why as they should only have got 2 weeks)so in total i have waited about 13 weeks or so but they are offering me my charges back. so i am aswell to take them i assume, i noticed a thread on the forum stating the FOS were getting interest back also but i cannot find it now either..

Hi Chocolate, Well i dont htink you will get the interest, it appears the FOS will not help with a claim fro interest only the charges, but it will be interesting to see if you do.

If you really want the interest then hit the courts

Hi Chocolate, Well i dont htink you will get the interest, it appears the FOS will not help with a claim fro interest only the charges, but it will be interesting to see if you do.

If you really want the interest then hit the courts

Thanks Delboy, unfortunately as I live in Scotland the courts here have no duristiction over England, Crap One don't have a Scottish address i can use to make the claim.

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

That does not matter, you are allowed to take them to court in your home town, basically you can choose where to take htem to court but if they chase you they have to take oyu to court in your home town, so feel free to take them to court in your town, there is nothing they can do about it.