can we claim back "set up" fees for business account with RBS?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, and wonder if anyone can help?

We have a business and were with the Clydesdale but, decided to change our account to the RBS (they appeared more flexible with us buying property abroad).

For the "honour" of them having us as customers they charged us over £6000 in fees. The only reason we went along with this was that they were offering us a lower interest rate at the time. This meant we would actually be saving money over the years ( we thought!).

I can't even remember what all the fees were for now.....but I was wondering if we would be able to claim these back???? If so, where do I start????

Have had a look at some links re business but it doesn't seem to answer my questions.

All thoughts appreciated, :)

Carol

• 2 years later...

carole - try asking your business manager first, preferably in writing, and see what their first response is. My understanding is that business customers get their first years business banking free, but I could be a little out of date.

If you have been there for some years now, I'd still be asking them for a detailed explanation. If they are confident they are correct, they shouldn't have any problems with this should there?