Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Henson V RBoS

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default Henson V RBoS

Hi...I've been reading this forum for some time but need a bit of help now!
    I sent a DPA letter to RBoS and got a list of charges / statements. Then I sent the standard prelim letter.

The response I've received today looks to be the standard letter saying 'We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent'..... etc

However it says 'if you disagree, please let us know the dates and amounts of any particular items that you dispute'

My question is has everyone else listed charge by charge what they are claiming back? Surely the bank knows this already as they sent me the statements? I'm about to write my lbaicon and don't know whether to list each charge on not.

Many thanks
    Jaxhen

Similar Threads:

Platinum Account Customer

Default Re: Henson V RBoS

Quote Originally Posted by jaxhen
    Hi...I've been reading this forum for some time but need a bit of help now!
    I sent a DPA letter to RBoS and got a list of charges / statements. Then I sent the standard prelim letter.

The response I've received today looks to be the standard letter saying 'We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent'..... etc

However it says 'if you disagree, please let us know the dates and amounts of any particular items that you dispute'

My question is has everyone else listed charge by charge what they are claiming back? Surely the bank knows this already as they sent me the statements? I'm about to write my lbaicon and don't know whether to list each charge on not.

Many thanks
    Jaxhen
    Jaxhen,it's important to remember 2 things-

1.YOU are in the driving seat
    2.Banks will do almost anything to try to delay you

Stick to the guide as laid out in the forum as regards timings,procedures etc.Just hit them with the relevant letters when it is advised to do so,and most important of all -
    STICK TO YOUR GUNS!!

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default Re: Henson V RBoS

I sent a copy of my spreadsheet, less the interest columns, along with my lbaicon. The bank cannot then claim they have not had time to search for the relevant 'offences' as you have supplied them with the information, one less delaying tactic for them to employ. and when/ if you need to go to court it will show the judge that you have been co-operative = brownie points,

Bank of Scotland round 1: 740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr
    Bank of Scotland round 2: 629 +101.15 interest +39 costs settled.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Smile Re: Henson V RBoS

Thanks for the advice....I'll put the list in with my lbaicon...looks like RBoS like to go all the way to court anyway

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details