claiming again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved to the RBS from the BoS last year and must admit I thought I had appalling service from BoS but RBS are so much worse.

I put a letter of claim against RBS (I had successfully reclaimed charges from BoS) and within two weeks they sent me a a good will gesture of refunding all the charges! which I immediately accepted and returned, the money was still not in my account 5 days after my acceptance letter was sent. Phoning the bank they advised me that it could take up to 14 days for the money to be credited to my account. In the meantime they managed to charge me a further £144 for unauthorised overdrafts, this doesn;t include the additional £30 account maintenance charge! So I wrote to them requesting a refund of the £144 becuase it was there fault that they were sitting on the money. so far I've heard nothing - anyone think its worth pursuing this further? the maintenance charge this month has put me in the red again so I've been given additional charges.

on a similar line, my brother in law was transferring money into my account from his RBS account - this is supposed to take place immediately but has taken three days - this was done on-line, however on the same day two cheques went into my account which would have easily been covered by the money being transferred but they have charged me £70.

can anyone offer any advice? - thank you

cheryl

Best thing to do is wait for the first claim to settle then start another one for the 70 + 144

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 1 month later...

took ages - but got letter on Friday offering to pay £143.001 - yes 001 whatever that means - and a new set of documentation qualifying their charges!

Looks as though its possible to keep claiming

Of course you can keep claiming each time the bank puts unlawful charges on your account. Its only when you try and split claims that there's a problem.

Eventually RBofS may even get it through their thick heads not to apply charges on your account.........well maybe not.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.