Anon1234 vs BoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there all,

This is my second thread, and about my claim against BoS.

It regards my current current account with BoS (I do have a parachute a/c in case). I've decided to start with this one first as...

-It's the smallest claim ££-wise; small enough as to have no problems with the Scottish £750 small-claims limit.

-I already had all my statements

-The account is still open, as opposed to 'closed w/letters from debt collection agencies'.

So far I've sent my first claim letter. Got the usual "we're dealing with it, it'll take us up to 8 weeks as per Banking Code etc" letters.

Anyway, there 14 days are more than up, and just about to send LBA. However, having checked this site, and the Govan Law Centre, I have a few queries/questions..

Basically, I was considering sending a new letter claiming contractual interest. Because my claim is under £200, I'll not get expenses paid back if it goes to court(though the 8% judicial would offset this a bit). Also (and perhaps more importantly) I don't have any 'ethical' problem with the idea -it seems more than fair(pak).

What are peoples thoughts on this (claiming contractual)? Is it worth it? If so, any info/ pointers to info?

Or am I just being tight/greedy?! ;)

Any input on this most appreciated. :)

If you were to add contractual you may have to consider pulling your current complaint and starting again.

Plenty of info around this site, plenty of opinions too.

If the bank offered you 100% of charges but no CI, you would still have too accept their offer.

Worth it if you know what you are doing but each to their own.

Couple of contractual interest claimers are mcuth and livelylad (in the RBS forum) and Bong has just been successful (not sure who her claim is against).

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for ur input T4FF,

Well just to update:

Went ahead and sent 14-day LBA letter for original amount (no CI included). Waiting to hear back from BoS. Will post again when I do.