Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Advice

Default Any Advice

Hello my fellow bank charge reclaimers.

I started my claim for 3727 of charges from RBOS on 2nd April. Today I received a lettericon from them which reads.

"Thankyou for your letter dated 2nd April 2007 regarding charges applied to your account. We are currently considering your claim and will respond to you as soon as possible."

Their first letter deadline is 16th April which is when i was going to send the letter before actionicon letter.

Should I ignore their acknowledgement letter and just keep steaming ahead?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rocker

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Any Advice

Yes just stick to your timetable not theirs.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Stick to your timetable Rocker and send the lbaicon on the 16th as planned-dont wait for banks response.

Does anyone know where I can find spreadsheet which calculates contractural interest?

Thanks

Searching for "contractual interest spreadsheet" came up with these links....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...st+spreadsheet
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...st+spreadsheet

Amazing what you can do with searches nowadays....

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Sandy Watts

I sent off my lbaicon to my branch on monday and emailed a copy of it to Sandy Watts today.

I've just got this email back. Is what she is saying right??

Can anyone advice?

Thanks

"Dear Mr
    Sorry for the delay in responding, but steadliy working my way through my
    'inbox'.
    Please be advised that, under FSA rules, we have 8 weeks in which to issue a
    final responseicon to a customer's complaint.
    This commences from the time that we receive the complaint at this Unit,
    which in your case was 5 April 2007.
    Can I please ask you to bear with us, as we have a large backlog, but we
    will respond within that period.
    Regards
    Sandy"

Yes and no. She is right, the FSA give them 8 weeks to respond. However, you have given them 14 days in which to reply, so they must respond in 14 days otherwise you go to court.

That said, given their backlog, you could be lenient and allow them some grace before going to court in order allow them the time to make you an offer.

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Default Rocker Vs Rbos

Thanks T4FF.

Do you think it would be a good idea to email her back and suggest that I give them an extra week (because of the backlog) so in effect they will have until 8th May before I start court proceedings?

I think that would be a good place to start. You are demonstrating a bit of leniency then aren't you?

Don't expect a promising response, but whatever they respond is not important, it's the fact that you have touched base.

Follows
    Following

I just went to the b****y supermarket and my card when rejected. Just logged on to the RBSicon online banking site and they have charged me 38 on friday and today 40 plus 22.76 interest - total 100.76. I phoned last friday to tell my branch that i didn't have sufficient funds to clear my loan payment but that I got paid in a week and could they extend my overdraft limit slightly to compensate for this. They said NO!!

My question is should I start a new claim for this or should I email Sandy Watt and add it to my current claim?

Current claim is for 3727. lbaicon sent on 16th April so deadline should be 30th but have given them a week grace out of the kindness of my heart because of their backlog.

Thanks in advance.

I think it you could send them a note to say you are including the 100 quid in your current claim as they have sufficient notice given the extra week's grace.

Follows
    Following

Thanks Taff

I emailed Sandy Watt this morning regarding the further charges to my account and received this reply.

Can another tell me what my best course of action is and if I need to amend my claimicon what the best wording is?

Deadline for lbaicon before court action is 8th May.

"Thank you for your e-mail, I am sorry that charges continue to be applied to
    your account.
    I note your request to have these re-credited to your account, but I am
    sorry but this Unit is not in a position to arrange this for you.
    I also note that, if this is not arranged, then you intend to add these
    charges to your claim.
    Should you wish to do this, then you will need to send us an amended claim
    now, or advise us of these further charges, once you receive
    our response to your current claim.
    As stated before, we will respond to you claim, within the FSA time-scales.
    Regards
    Sandy Watt"

Sorry i possibly didn't word my previous post well enough.

Very sorry for being too brief. Sandy is right, you need to send them a letter stating that your claim now includes charges up to [date] and therefore your claim is for [amount] and include an up to date spreadsheet.

That's (somehow) what I meant by "send them a note".

Follows
    Following

I've just received this email from the lovely Sandy Watts.

Dear Mr XXXXXX
    I am pleased to advise you that, an offer letter was despatched to you
    yesterday.
    All being well, this should be in your hands in the next couple of days.
    Regards
    Sandy

I think I might start taking bets on the fact the the offer wont be my full claim. The odds that I'd offer would be 33/1!!

Anyone else received any offers recently (before court proceedings)?

Hi rocker, maybe Ive missed something in your thread but you dont say if your in Scotland or England, small claimsicon limits in each differ drastically. Also you said your charges were 3727, is that basic charges or plus interest.
    Many of us have had full basic charges paid out at about the 8 week period.
    It is always up to each individual to decide if an offer meets their goals and not be swayed by advice.
    My own decision to go for basic charges was based on financial needs, time scale involved and lack of confidence to pursue what could have been a long drawn out legal scenario bcause of Scottsh claims limits.
    Good Luck

05/03/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) handed in at branch
    Found missing statements at home !!!!
    08/03/07 Prelim+ schedule posted rec del
    22/03/07 No reply to prelim LBA posted rec del
    05/04/07 14 days and no reply to LBA, sent e-mail
    27/04/07 Offered FULL SETTLEMENT 3375
    03/05/07 Cash in bank account
    Follows
    Following

I agree with dangler - you do need to do some serious reading if you're going to take it to the next stage, whereever you live.

It does seem to be true though - claiming in Scotland is more tricky than down in England and Wales - but thats not to say you can't nor shouldn't do it....

Once you get the hang of how this website works there is some really super stuff on some of the threads - but its just a matter of wading through the long threads and understanding the big picture.....

Also post your questions - as I guess you've found people are pretty responsive and there are some real experts on this site....

Thanks.

I live in England. My claim was for 3727 in charges and in my prelim letter (being a novice) I put in about the 8% interest blah blah.

I now know that you cant claim this unless you start court proceedings.

I emailed Sandy this morning to ask details of the offer as you cant rely on the post and timescales are tight etc. etc...

Her reply was:

Offer is for 3,247
    Please be advised that there is a covering letter with our offer, advising
    customers which type of charges are being refunded by the Bank. Should you
    decide to decline our offer, then you will need to advise us in writing. We
    have standard procedures to deal with customer who decline our offers.
    As a result, I am unable to accept an e-mail as a decline of our offer.
    Regards
    Sandy

Dont really know what to do as I think I may have included some of the monthly account charges for the priviledge of having a Royalties Gold Account with them !! (NOT)!! Does anyone know what their standard procedures of dealing with non conforming customers are?!!

Question Re: Any Advice

sorry to change the subject,but do you have sandys email address.

thank you

jamie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details