• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

terry1 v RBoS

terry1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i sent off letter b4 action, i recieved a responce saying, thank you for your letter dated++++ we are considering your clame and will respond to you as sooon as possible,

i feel this is just stalling for time, a week today i am due to start court proceadings, i feel i should just go ahead with this, as they would with me,

could somone advis me what to do

if i go to a small clams court what do i do i have read somthing about bundles, can somone tell me step by step what i have to do pre court

thanks

This is just a generic letter. Stick to your timescales and once the 14 days are up progress to the next stage.

Can't help you with court stuff - never got that far - but I would advise you to help yourself as much as you can as well as relying on others. There is a quite detailed library section that includes FAQs and test cases, guides et al and you should really do the legwork and get as much reading in as possible of what is required of you.

That should be a good start. If you aren't entirely clear on what to do, I'd advise you hold off starting your claim until you know what you're doing. I would hope you see the benefit of knowing what you are doing BEFORE you take a very large company like RBS to court?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

by next friday as soon as the post has been, if there is no reply im going to start court procedings, i spend tomorrow aquaiting myself with the procedier, bundles ect

im not frightened, im really angry they have taken so much money from me

i have just sent a letter off to RBS the letter before action, as they hadent replied to the first letter,

as i have sent two letters stating the amount and charges they owe me.i recieved a crap letter.

by next friday 20/4/07 the second 2 weeks are up, shal i proceed to court, im in wales does anyone know the time limit on court dates.

im nervious in case the barrister who is pubicially sueing his bank might loose,

so im wanting to get this to court to get my money

Don't worry about that barrister, he is sueing for exemplary damages - he's already been offered lots of cash by the bank....so it's a whole other issue.

Best way to find out about the local court delay is to phone (or go in to) the nearest County Court to you. Ask them, roughly, when a new claim might be listed .

This is their normal way of things, Stick to your timescale not theirs. :)

05/03/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) handed in at branch

Found missing statements at home !!!!

08/03/07 Prelim+ schedule posted rec del

22/03/07 :mad: No reply to prelim LBA posted rec del

05/04/07 :mad: 14 days and no reply to LBA, sent e-mail

27/04/07 :D Offered FULL SETTLEMENT £3375

03/05/07 Cash in bank account :D :D

does anyone know how long it takes for the rbos to pay out after initial court procededings have been sent to them,

do they drag it out till the last min, or do they pay out

i have applied today online, just wanded if they will pay at the 14 days or let it go through to the week or day b4 the court hearing, it seems so stupid as there going to have to pay an extra 120.

Right-here goes

The court will firstly have to verify the claim and this will probably be done by them on Monday.

Then they will serve the claim on RBOS and this is deemed to take 5 days.

Once RBOS have been served they then have 14 days from the date it is served to acknowledge what they propose to do with the claim and if they intend defending it then they will be given another 14 days.But either the way the 14 or 28 days boith start freom ther date that the claim was served.

Does this make it clearer?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

In some instances they may issue you with an offer letter but it is usually for a sum less than you are claiming and will not take into account interest or the £120 court fee.

As such people are being advised to reject this and carry on with the court claim.

If it goes down to the wire and no defence is entered then you will be able to enter a judgemnent by default against RBOS via MCOL once the 28 days has elapsed.

How long it will take them to oay after this I do not know.

Try reading through some of other RBOS threads-you might get the answer in there.

PPMAN159

There you go Terry-thats how long it can take.

So the best thing is don't hold your breath-unless of course you are one of those deep sea endurance divers then feel free!!

PPMAN159

Its either a bank or a very large mattress.

Or maybe we should go back to the old bartering system and bypass them completely.

PPMAN159