Wigan Mortgage Bureau

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to the above company for a Mortgage as they guaranteed they could get me a mortgage with my bad credit etc.

They also promised there was nothing to pay if the Mortgage did not go through as long as I did not cancel, anyway the valuation on my house did not meet the Mortgage standards so the above company then said they could not get me a mortgage. Since then I have received insurance policies through the door that I never signed for etc. These have been easily cancelled by phoning the relevant company but all the same annoying. Today I received a letter from a Solicitor asking for payment of 200 pounds for their searches and admin costs for processing the Mortgage etc. This is a disgrace and I am really not happy to pay this as I was never told this would happen.

Any advise on what to do here would be appreciated. I have sent the Mortgage company an e-mail today as follows.

Quote:

In regards to my previous Mortgage application today I received a letter from Poole Solicitors stating that I owe them 200 pounds. As I am sure you will remember you promised unless the mortgage completes there will be nothing to pay so I can only assume this to be a mistake. Not sure if this error is of the solicitors or yourselves but could you please advise of what action to take on this matter. I have no intention of paying it as I was not aware of the charges. Please respond as soon as possible before I take any legal action on this matter.

Did you receive an IDD (Initial Disclosure Document) from the company or individual adviser? They must provide this to you and explain in detail their charges with you at the first meeting along with a Data Protection Act 1998 - Use of your personal Information form. If they did not, then you have grounds for complaint. Take this up with them and if they are registered as part of a network, with them also. They should be regulated by the FSA. Voice your concerns with them as well. Check out the website: Consumer Information from the Financial Services Authority or call 0845 456 1555.

• Haha 1

Further to this; did you complete a fact find with them? For them to be setting up insurance policies without your say so or knowledge of your personal circumstances would be seiously frowned upon by the FSA. Check wether the company is an appointed representative or directly authorised with the FSA.

I did not complete a fact find, I will check that and let you know.

See their was 2 blokes working their one who dealt with the mortgage and he said for a large deduction in his fees I am to use his friend who works for the same company for insurances. When I met his friend I did not sign anything or receive any paperwork from him because my mortgage fell through the week after.

Wigan Mortgage Bureau is an Appointed Representative of Mortgage Next Network Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in respect of mortgage and insurance mediation activities only. Mortgage Next Network Limited is entered on the FSA register under reference 300866.