Sending Prelim, advice required

daz182
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just about to send of my prelim letter, i have added up all charges over the past 5 years and have made up a spreadsheet containing amounts and dates charged, do i also need to send a copy of my statemeants that relate to the charges or will the spreadsheet be suffice?

Bleow is a copy ofthe letter i will be sending, can someone let me know if that is suffice info on the letter or does it need more:

Customer Relations

Customer Central Support

First Floor

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9LE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re.Account number: XXXXX Sort Code: XXXXX

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to The Royal Bank of Scotland of going into unauthorized overdraft.

The charges total £1,088. I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money and therefore ask that you repay me the full amount. Please find a full schedule of the charges with this document.

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

X- X- X- X -X -X -X -X -X -X

Any Advice would be greatfully received,

Thanks and Regards,

DAZ182

Hi

You do not need to send statements, the spreadsheet is sufficient.

Regarding the letter, there is a template letter available here, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html which I suggest you use in place of the above, it is tried and tested.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hi

You do not need to send statements, the spreadsheet is sufficient.

Regarding the letter, there is a template letter available here, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html which I suggest you use in place of the above, it is tried and tested.

Excellent,

Thanks for your help, its very much appreciated, I will let you know how i get on.

Thanks again,

DAZ182