• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank of Scotland Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Advice would be much appreciated.

My LBA in March clearly stated that I would be taking action against them if by 5 April I did not recieve a full refund. I thought I would ring them today and got this wee girl who stuttered and stammered repeating what was in their letter I received YESTERDAY (4th April) ..."....you will receive a response from us within a maximum of four weeks, in-line with the Financial Service Authority regulations. "

Do I still have the right to file against them TODAY..or are THEY within their rights to hold out another 4 weeks."

I dont want to seem unreasonable.....smiles......She told me that they were in undated with 1000's of such claims....(surprise , surprise) and there was a back log.

I told the wee girl that it was their chance to settle NOW in full or face paying the interest plus my court fees a later date as I planned to go to the small claims court..... it was their choice.

She said the Bank was still within THEIR rights and had another 4 weeks to respond. And she didnt even take the reference number or anything to check the amount of my claim.....I could have been anyone! She didnt even take my name!

Must I wait the 4 weeks?

What should I do..

I'm new at this but have been reading a lot and I would say dont wait any longer. I don't know what right the girl is referring to but at the end of the day its you who has imposed the timescale by which you want them to respond. Providing you have given them the time which is deemed an acceptable timescale then you have stuck to what you said in your LBA. If you go against what you said in your letter, the bank will think you're not serious and try to fob you off.

Did you send a preliminary letter followed by the standard LBA from this site? How much time did you give?

I would say go ahead and file your claim and let them know you mean business.

Maybe someone with more experience could back this up?

• Haha 1

Claire,

It's another of the myriad delaying tactics employed by all of these financial "institution" in an attempt to put you off reclaiming YOUR money. Stick to your timetable, follow the process as explained on here and you will succeed. Keep the faith:D

• Haha 1

Thank you Kitty & Naughty

Yes....I have went by the rule book and sent a preliminary letter first then later the LBA giving them a further 14 days( from the date they receive the LBA).

I have claimed against other banks but this was the first time I have been had the "Financial Services Authority" regulations mentioned in any correspondence from any Bank I was claiming against. I guess every Bank's tactics are different......smiles

This is Good Friday , so I have decided I will file a claim online TOMORROW I dont want any bad luck.....smiles.... One more day wont make much difference.

Kind regards

Clare

This is stalling tactics indeed. YOU are calling the shots not them. Get that claim in tomorrow!!

• Haha 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi T4ff

As a woman and not renowned for taking orders ....especiallly from a man.(who are often wrong).....I broke all the rules......smiles

I filed against the B of Scotland this morning. (7th April).

I hope its "lucky 7".......smiles

Kind regards

Clare

Good girl ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Watch it where did you get the idea that men are oftn wrong. I take exception to that statement.:mad: Quite a number of sites are manned by men and give good advice:) Apart from all that I have had several letters saying that the bank in question does not agree with FSA etc. It goes in one ear and out the other (I have to read it out loud for that to happen) I just file when I said I would and that is that

Texel.....This is for you.......smiles

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece :)

this reads to me as "Blah blah blah blah blah blah .......... New shoes"