HELP! - Advice needed on strange BOS predicament!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help?

I used to have 3 BOS accounts for my 3 separate businesses. These were all with my business partner and we were both signatories. Only one of these businesses remain and we have since changed this to a limited company.

I have charges on all 3 accounts which I wish to claim back, however I am now married and so have a different surname.

1. How do I advise BOS to make payment?

2. If they make payment to me and my business partner jointly then I will not be able to bank the cheque as we do not have a joint account. Can I ask them to make the cheque payable to myself or my business partner?

3. If they make it payable to me, how can I make them make it out to my married name?

4. I don't want them to pay it to my existing business as not all the charges were from this business. What do I do???????

Hope someone can help :confused:

Claire

Hi Claire,

Welcome to the site

You could always as them to split the claim in half and pay one cheque to your partner and one to you.

With regards to you name change simply inform them of your change of name. They may request to see a copy of your marriage certificate as proof.

Best of luck with your claim

Zoot

Other than that, I can imagine it would be easy peasy to go into ANY bank anywhere and open a savings account in joint names? Assuming you and your BP are still in contact (sounds like it).

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!