Talk Talk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I would share a victory against Talk Talk from the Carphone Warehouse.

Me and my housemate signed up to their "always on" broadband service and landline. When we first realized that the broadband was dial up and not "always on" I tried to cancel it - after 1 day I was told I didn't have a cooling off period and that I had to pay £70 to cancel the internet.

It was almost impossible to get through to their call centres - if the automated system didnt cut you off, the advisors did.

Anyway, we cancelled our request to change to their Landline Services - they ignored that and changed it anyway.

After loads and loads of phone calls and letters and moaning, we got our £70 Refund in a cheque, and to our delight one on my debit card as well so we made a £70 Profit :-)!

They also don't seem to have cut the landline service off but arent billing us! Hehe!

It is not an always on internet connection, they give you a dial up modem that dials up through your phone line but on a broadband connection meaning that you can use the phone at the same time.

I would strongly advise against signing up with Talk Talk - their customer service is terrible, it's almost impossible to get in touch with a human being - you either get cut off by the machine or by the person you eventually get through to - I'm not exaggerating! We are now with Telewest (not sure if you will be able to get them where you live) but I've found Telewest to be great - no problems at all!

Let me know how you get on! And remember, if you do decide to sign up with them but want to disconnect during your cooling off period (which legally needs to be at least 7 days from delivery/connection) they try to make you pay £70 just for connecting to their service - even accidentally - and then wanting to cancel.

It's called ADSL. Once connected, it only disconnects if you switch off the computer. It does do a "dial-up" type thing when you first connect, but it takes less than a second. ALL ADSL CONNECTIONS DO THIS - BT, Bulldog, Freeserve... ALL OF THEM.

If you at least try to understand what you're getting before you try to use it you'll never NEED customer services.

I have NEVER YET been disconnected by either the machine or by a customer service operative at Talk Talk. I am on the Talk 3 + International service line, and my Line Rental goes to Talk Talk. I am MORE than satisfied with them, and I urge anyone contemplating it to give them a try.

I work for a computer services company totally unrelated to Talk Talk or The Carphone Warehouse in any way.

Thankyou both of you. I was sure all was ok, just got a little confused by the original comment.

I'm due to connect in June. Will probably still go ahead. I have ADSL at the moment, so a free ADSL is better than one I pay for.

With regards to customer service, I figure I shouldn't have to call them, I'd only make the call when I've plenty of time, a handsfree kit so my arm doesn't fall off, it's pot luck if I get an answer, and most companies are the same.

I'll let you know the results, good or bad, when it's done.

[

God luck, hope it goes well for you and that you have better luck than I did! It's probably just my bad luck that everything seems to go wrong haha - especially with computers - they hate me for some reason!

Let us know how ya get on!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks