Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    gdwildbird Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2007

Default Possible new claim

Hi all

Just thought I would ask for some help. I am currently pursuing a claim with Natwest which has got me thinking about an old account of mine with RBSicon. I don;t know if I can claim though so would like some advice if possible.

The account was closed in 2002/2003 and I was quite a bit over my overdraft (lots of it through charges) I am currently paying them back at 10 a month but don't want to paying back money that they have charged me.

Does anyone know if I would be able to claim for this, even though i'm quite happy for anything they give me back to be taken off the balance I am paying back?

Hope that you can help

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006

Default Re: Possible new claim

Yes though hurry up with it! The longer you leave it the less you can claim back (given a limit of 6 yearsicon). This isn't strictly true because you could fight for charges further back but you would need to research it.

Get an SARicon in for it and hurry about it!!

Worth saying, ensure you put on your SAR that you are entitled to ALL INFORMATION that the bank holds on you and not statements going back 6 years. RBSicon tend to only supply you with information going back 6 years but the limitations act (which dictates you can only claim back 6 years) has no bearing on DPA requests. RBS HAS to supply you with statements going back as far as they hold NOT a maximum of 6 years. If your account was CLOSED in 02/03 then I assume it will probably go back a lot further than that.

If it was then worth your while, you could claim back more than 6 years but you would have to look into it. That said, there are plenty of people doing it (have a search for the threads posted by liveylad and mcuth in the RBS forum).

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details