Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Superman, start off in the FAQs area, there is a user guide (user guide is linked in my signature, but have a look at other threads too) in there which does include information about defaults.

Have a look around that area, there should be plenty of good information in there.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

I have been defaulted

Q. I have been "defaulted" by my bank. What can I do?

A. This can cause serious problems for a long time. You should try and avoid this if you can, but this will normally have happened before you even begin to start recovering your costs.

Users are currently testing the legality of Default Notices placed as a direct result of charges imposed on the account. Read our DPA section for more info and guidance.

---

Q. I'm sure it was the penalties which put me into a position where I was defaulted. Does this mean I can get it removed?

A. We believe this is an abusive practice by the Banks. If you decide to recover your charges then when they are offered back to you make sure that part of the deal is that the bank agrees to remove the default entry entirely - not just enter a correction or say that the default has now been satisfied.

As a 'general' rule, if your charges total was either equal to, or in excess of, the value of the default, then it would be reasonable to assume that the default entry was unfair.

If the bank refuses to do this then you should refuse to settle and proceed to court. It is most likely that the bank will concede to your request. If they do, then get it in writing immediately and make it clear that you will not interrupt the claim process until it has been done. There is one report of the Nationwide having reneged on its promise to remove the default. If your settlement is subsequently recorded by the judge, make sure that this aspect of default removal is recorded as being part of the deal.

You can let the bank know that if you are proved right in court, that you will take the view that their default notice is defamatory and is a breach of their duty of trust. This may encourage them to meet all your conditions.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks everybody for your tips and advise.

No worries, after all that is what we are all here for:cool:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA