Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    SupermanX Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Help

Hi
    I was issued with a default notice a few weeks ago :cry: , can i overturn this as part of my claim for unlawful bank charges?

does anybody know how to get a deafult notice cancelled?

Tks

Niklowe

Default Re: Help

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    muggins73 Informative muggins73 Informative muggins73 Informative muggins73 Informative muggins73's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2006

SUCCESSESS
    NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...3-natwest.html

CURRENT CLAIMS
    HALIFAX03
    19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED
    02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04
    10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05
    19-SEPT-07 LBA

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2006

Superman, start off in the FAQs area, there is a user guide (user guide is linked in my signature, but have a look at other threads too) in there which does include information about defaults.

Have a look around that area, there should be plenty of good information in there.

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBSicon charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    muggins73 Informative muggins73 Informative muggins73 Informative muggins73 Informative muggins73's Avatar

I have been defaulted
    Q. I have been "defaulted" by my bank. What can I do?

A. This can cause serious problems for a long time. You should try and avoid this if you can, but this will normally have happened before you even begin to start recovering your costs.
    Users are currently testing the legality of Default Notices placed as a direct result of charges imposed on the account. Read our DPA section for more info and guidance.

---

Q. I'm sure it was the penalties which put me into a position where I was defaulted. Does this mean I can get it removed?

A. We believe this is an abusive practice by the Banks. If you decide to recover your charges then when they are offered back to you make sure that part of the deal is that the bank agrees to remove the default entry entirely - not just enter a correction or say that the default has now been satisfied.

As a 'general' rule, if your charges total was either equal to, or in excess of, the value of the default, then it would be reasonable to assume that the default entry was unfair.

If the bank refuses to do this then you should refuse to settle and proceed to court. It is most likely that the bank will concede to your request. If they do, then get it in writing immediately and make it clear that you will not interrupt the claim process until it has been done. There is one report of the Nationwide having reneged on its promise to remove the default. If your settlement is subsequently recorded by the judge, make sure that this aspect of default removal is recorded as being part of the deal.

You can let the bank know that if you are proved right in court, that you will take the view that their default notice is defamatory and is a breach of their duty of trust. This may encourage them to meet all your conditions.

SUCCESSESS
    NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

CURRENT CLAIMS
    HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04
    10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05
    19-SEPT-07 LBA

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    SupermanX Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Thanks everybody for your tips and advise.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanX View Post
    Thanks everybody for your tips and advise.
    No worries, after all that is what we are all here for

SUCCESSESS
    NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

CURRENT CLAIMS
    HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04
    10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05
    19-SEPT-07 LBA

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details