Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: RBS Court Claim

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default RBS Court Claim

Hi Peeps,

Been reading these threads for ages now and they've been amazingly helpful.

Sent my first letter to the bank in Jan and recieved standard responses so it's finally got to court stage.

Through Money Claim Online I filed my claim late Feb and the date my claim was issued was 1st March 2007. Bank acknowledged almost straight away but, as yet, haven't filed a defence.

From what I've read they have 28 days from claim date (1st March) to file a defense. If they don't I can file a default judgement.

My question is: Is the 28 days "28 working days"?

Help very much appreciated.

Tizzy

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Re: RBS Court Claim

no calender days. the court could hace a backlog in their post you can still ask for judgement try to give them a ring they will prob offer you a settlement via the phone.

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06
    give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06
    lba sent 7th sept 06
    settled in full 7/10/2006
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Smile Re: RBS Court Claim

Thanks very much for the response.

I thought it would show up straight away online if they had filed a defence. I've tried to do the default judgement again today (29th) but I'm guessing that today is day 28 and I won't be able to do anything till tomorrow. You can't physically file one online until their time is up.

I'll keep yer posted.

Tizzy

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details