• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) - and electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer   Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Jack Bauer vs RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received my 6 years worth of statements on my single AND joint account.

Total amount eventually with 8% will be just under £10,000.

I have decided to combine the two accounts and then split it into 2 claims so I keep it under £5,000.

I have sorted all account charges and interest charges into date order and it works out if I claim between January 2002 and 16th August 2004 it comes to just over £3,500. This is what I am claiming for first. Once 8% is added in court, this will take the claim to £4985.

I will claim for the second £5,000 once this is settled. I want to play it as safe as possible.

Sent my first letter 28th March 2007 to:

The Royal Bank of Scotland

Retail Regulatory Risk

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Will wait the 7 days now for a response before sending my second.

Only thing I am a little unsure of is the Interest Charges as I couldn't understand why sometimes the formula worked out I was not due any interest, yet the same amount on a different year worked out I was due it all back.

For example:

04th February 2001 I was charged £17.12 interest with an o/d balance of £-837.65. The formula worked out I was ok to claim £4.19.

However, put the same information into the spreadsheet with date of 04th February 2007 and you get the full £17.12 back.

Can anyone explain this to me, so I understand what I am claiming for?

My understanding though is that even if I don't understand the interest forumla it is up to the bank to work out a different method of calculation.

Still it would help to know!

Thanks, and I will keep you posted on both my claims as they happen and donate at the end if succesful.

Jack, the small claims limit doesn't include interest.

Furthermore I would suggest that you revise your claim back to seperate accounts. Firstly, you run the risk of having your second claim struck out by abusing the system (ie by splitting it to avoid costs) and you should really make a claim in full. Claiming for two accounts seperately is more reasonable. I realise you may have seen different advice to this, but in recent weeks, the scottish courts have started striking out second / third claims for this reason and it only takes one judge to have a bad day....

Secondly, due to the calculations of the spreadsheet, you shouldn't really have two accounts running in the same sheet. The calculations look up previous dates and you will be calculating interest figures across two accounts which is wholly incorrect.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

And I'm real sorry for picking again, but why are you only giving them 7 days? The purpose of the 14 days advised on this site is to allow the bank a total of 28 days to resolve your complaint before going to court.

Not giving them a reasonable amount of time to resolve could be seen (in court) as you not being reasonable, again another reason the banks could apply for your claim to be stricken out.

As for the interest calculation, it might be up to the bank to contest, but you certainly can't send them any old crap - it still has to be correct! If you had an issue with it, you should surely have checked BEFORE sending it off???!?!?

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the 7 days, apologies. I did actually put 14 days in the letter, so that was a error on my thread. I have used the standard template letter on this website.

As for the interest calculation, the amount I have worked out was done using the advanced spreadsheet. I just couldn't understand the different amounts given back on different days for the same interest charges and balances. However, I now see that may be because I was combining my two accounts and so it was throwing the formulas out.

I have taken my letter back out of the post tray and am going to rewrite it so that I am making a claim in full.

Am I still OK to seperate the claims into 2 for each account? For example, deal with my Single Account claim first in full and see how that works out. Then start the process again for my Joint Account?

The only reason I didn't do this in the first place was because one of the accounts was for £4,500 and so when the 8% would go on, it would have gone over the £5,000 limit and I was worried about going out of small claims and I didn't want to reduce the claim to keep it within the limit.

I was told the small claims limit may have included interest and so was just trying to play it safe.

Thanks again!

Jack, handy it's only in the post tray! In which case, my advice would be what you have suggested. Two claims, one for each account. I don't see why you need to wait as one can't implicate the other but that is up to you. Incidentally, I did claims for two accounts with RBS, you can find links to them in my sig. The one settled before the other and I used the fact that the first one settled to fastrack a settlement on the second one.

I can confirm definitely definitely definitely that the SC limit DOES NOT include statuatory 8%. Just to check, you won't be including that UNTIL you file in court right? In which case, your £4,500 is fine.

I'm not an expert on the spreadsheets but I believe that the interest charges might be compounded ie they take into account previous charges and balances - I'm not sure though. By all means once you have split it out, I will gladly run over it and try to explain if you want?

Aussie, I don't entirely understand your question but in any case, I would advise you to ask this in your own thread not someone elses. Top of the forum page is a button NEW POST, write a new thread (aussie vs RBS or whoever) and ask your questions in there. Far more likely to get a better response that way.

Thanks for agreeing to quickly run over the interest on penalties for me.

I have sent the two files over.

About midway down each one, the Interest Charged and Interest on Penalties become the same.

Have a look and see if seems right to you. Thanks again. I will send it off once I feel more comfortable with this.

I may run the two at the same time and hopefully get a fasttrack if succesful on the second.

Jack

Thanks for helping me with my spreadsheet.

I have received a reply regarding the interest calculation as time goes on and you are given more charges by the bank, it is likely that more of the overdraft interest will exist as a consequence of those charges. This is how the spreadsheet works it out.

I have also noticed now though that some of my charges have gone over the 6 year limit (2 months over). Will I need to take these out now, if I wish to keep my claim less opposable (for want of a better phrase!)

It's about £355 worth.

Thanks

Jack

Personally, I would leave them in there until they tell you to take them out ;)

• 4 weeks later...

It has been 14 days since my first letter, and I have received a letter from RBOS saying that they are looking into the matter and they will come back to me shortly.

Am I right in thinking that I send my second letter giving another 14 days and carry on with the process?

Thanks

Jack

yes you are ;)

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help?

I have some partially good news!!

I originally sent off two applications, one for my single account (£4,207.00)and one for my joint account (£3,006.00).

I have had my first letter back from RBOS offering £4,207.00. I am presuming that as I made my applications seperately, they will respond seperately and so this is just for the single account application.

What I wish to do now is to write back advising that I have a 2nd claim outstanding and should they wish to make the same offer on that one then I would be prepared to accept both out of court.

Is this wrong to do this? Should I just wait to see what happens on the 2nd one or should I use this offer to fast track the second with a follow up letter?

I want to do it for 2 reasons:

- To ensure that this first offer isn't for both claims

- To try and get a quick resolution on the second.

What do you think?

The other point I wish to clarify is that RBOS are making the payment directly into my account, however I wish to have this made by cheque. How do I go about requesting this? Do I just write to advise?

Thanks

Matthew

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to telephone as I have always been advised to do things by letter as there is a risk of emotions taking hold on the telephone.

Sent this letter to them on the 13th June:

Thank you for your letter dated ..... I wish to accept your offer of settlement on the above account. This will be on the basis of a full and final settlement of my complaint on the above account only.

I am still currently in the process of awaiting a response from yourselves regarding reference xxxxxxxxx; this complaint was acknowledged on ............

I would appreciate a consistent speedy response on that equal matter as soon as possible to avoid any further action.

To clarify my position, I am accepting this offer as payment for my first claim, not both. I require repayment of my second claim in full. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interests plus my costs and without further notice.

I have supplied a list of all charges and interest applied to the second account for your reference. I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter .......

Finally, to assist me in further in my financial commitments, I would like to ask that you transfer the funds to the following bank account:

AN Other Bank

Address

Account Number: xxxxxxxxx Sort Code: xxxxxxxxxx

Alternatively a cheque will suffice.

Have now had the following reply:

Thank you for your correspondence received here on 18/06/07 relating to your claim for a refund of charges applied to your account.

Unfortunately, due to the outstanding debt on open account number xxxxxxxx I am unable to comply with your request for payment to be made into another account. If you wish to proceed with your acceptance and have the funds transferred to this account then please confirm to us in writing.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Yours sincerely.....

The outstanding debt is an agreed overdraft.

Should I just have it transferred and hope they don't try and cancel my overdraft? Or should I request a cheque, as I have advice that a cheque is best, in case they cancel the overdraft?

Also, they haven't acknowledged my other claim in this correspondance.

Any suggestions as to how I should reply?

I am thinking about just writing to instruct them to transfer the funds into my account as payment for my first claim and to settle only that one and not both. I will then advise them that I will be proceeding with the second one in due course, advising them that as they received my letter on the 18th June 2007, I will give them 14 days from then to reply to that second claim, which gives them until the 2nd July 2007, at which point I will put in my claim to the courts.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Jack