Help, I dont understand!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received my bank statements this weekend & have put my charges into the simple excel spreadsheet which calculates 8% interest. Am I right in thinking that I cannot claim this interest unless the case goes to court? Please can someone explain to me in simple terms what interest I can claim & whether it is worth claiming, my total amount of charges is £2717. I don't want the case to go to court & lose because I don't know what I am talking about!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Lisa x

my understanding on the charges is that you don't claim for the account charge, which is £15 at the mo I think for Royalties Gold/Prem but anything over that amount. On mine I had mostly £43 ie £15 plus £28 unauth o/d fee.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply. The £15 charge is after I have duducted the royalties fee. Does your statement tell you exactly what the charge is for? Or does it look something like this-

CHG 07FEB TO A/C ********

Would this be an overdraft charge?

I'm assuming the REFERRAL CHARGE is for bounced cheques & direct debits etc?

A Royalties Gold account cost £12, so if you are being charged £15 is is not a Royalties fee.

Here are the charges that RBS made to my account - all of which you may claim back.

CHG unpaid item(s) CHQ £38.00

CHG card misuse £35.00

CHG unpaid item(s) DD £38.00

CHG to A/C ******** £28.00 (this is monthly, in addition to other charges)

You may also claim the REFERRAL CHARGE in full.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Your bank manager will only have to forward it so why not send it here?

Royal Bank of Scotland

Litigation

1 Princess Street

LONDON

EC2R 8PB

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hi there I would send it recorded delivery (£1) to the bank address in Edinburgh, see bank contacts.

05/03/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) handed in at branch

Found missing statements at home !!!!

08/03/07 Prelim+ schedule posted rec del

22/03/07 :mad: No reply to prelim LBA posted rec del

05/04/07 :mad: 14 days and no reply to LBA, sent e-mail

27/04/07 :D Offered FULL SETTLEMENT £3375

03/05/07 Cash in bank account :D :D

whoops, i've sent it to my local branch, but I have sent it recorded. Do they have 14 days to reply from when they receive the letter or from the date on the letter?

I will keep you posted on what happens, thanks for your help

A Royalties Gold account cost £12, so if you are being charged £15 is is not a Royalties fee.

The Royalites Premier account costs £15, so a £15 charge could be a Royalties fee - not in lisa's case albeit, but just so you know.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The prelim letter was received on 27th March so their 14 days would be up on 10th April. I was just wondering if I need to allow for bank holidays over easter or if I haven't heard anything by 10th April do I go ahead & send the LBA letter?

I haven't heard from the bank so I am thinking of sending them another letter saying that because they have not responded to my earlier letter, I now intend to claim for the interest too. I believe the interest would be 18.25%. Does anyone know where I can find a spreadsheet that calculates this interest?

Am I being greedy? Should I just carry on with my original claim & send the LBA. Has anybody else claimed for the interest & won the full amount back?

Lisa,

You shouldn't expect a response from them, the don't HAVE to response and in any case, I know from reading around the RBS forum that they are suffering a heavy backlog right now. Couple this with the bank holiday, I'm not surprised you haven't heard from them.

You were right in post13 - next is to carry on to your LBA. You should get a response to that though!! That said, it has been reported that LBAs are being caught up in the backlog too.

Personally, I wouldn't amend my claim as a retaliatory action - I don't think your reason for doing so is fair.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

well the LBA on this site has a deadline of 14 days not 7. No, don't allow them extra time just be aware of it at this stage. You can make a decision on what you want to do once the 14 days are up...