has anyone else had a cheque like this

susiep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is made out to me but after my name says into a/c no.*******. Fab that they are settling (doantion to follow), but the thing is, i don't have that account - it had a debt that they passed on to Westcot credit, and i pay them each month. I phoned Cobbetts, and the woman i spoke to said that the a/c no wa for their reference only, and i should be able to cash it at my bank. Anyone tried doing this?

I think you find what will happen is the settlement will be used to pay off the debt with dca and you will be left with whatever is left. Not much you can do about that I'm afraid and yes it is common.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

errrmmm......pass

Sorry don't know. I've noticed in other threads this going to pay off debt, but I don't know specifics. I'm sure someone will have the answer for you.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

It is made out to me but after my name says into a/c no.*******. Fab that they are settling (doantion to follow), but the thing is, i don't have that account - it had a debt that they passed on to Westcot credit, and i pay them each month. I phoned Cobbetts, and the woman i spoke to said that the a/c no wa for their reference only, and i should be able to cash it at my bank. Anyone tried doing this?

I have and quite a few others have had cheques like this from Cobbetts and have had no problems whatsoever paying them into alternative accounts with different banks.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.