Just to tell my story, thankyou

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted firstly to thank all the posters for their help.

I decided to try to reclaim bank charges, and followed the templates on this site for calculating interest and how to phrase the letters etc.

I sent the first letter, asking RBoS to refund £389 plus interest.

After the allotted time expired with no response, I sent another letter giving them one more chance, and informing them of my disappointment at receiving no reply, and assuring them I would have no hesitation in taking them all the road!

Again, no response. I rang my branch to tell them I was preparing my LBA, as I had sent 2 letters by Recorded Delivery, and both had been ignored.The girl informed me on the Friday 9th March, that RBoS had posted me a letter, which I should recieve by Monday 12th March.

When no letter appeared, I rang the branch again. They rang Customer Relations, and were told that the info given on 9th March re a letter being posted was wrong, and the only letter I should have received was posted on 28th Feb, telling me that RBoS had no intention of refunding any charges to me!

I told the girl at my branch that I had not received this letter, and asked would she ring Customer Relations and ask them to re-send it, so I had a copy , for my records.

I got in from work yesterday, and a letter from RBoS was waiting for me. I assumed it was a copy of my knock-back letter.

It was, in fact, an offer to pay me the full £389.

Weird, but Im not complaining. I have returned the acceptance slip, and am looking forward to my refund.

Again, many thanks to all who post advice on here, Im not a great writer, but I hope you get the jist of my story, and again, Thanks!!

Thank u for posting this info, i to have just sent of my first letter to the RBoS asking for a refund but yet have not had a reply, they have 7 days left but i will be ready and waiting to send my lba letter. I is just good to know that others still get results even when the RBoS cant be bothered to respond to your first request for refunds. Thank you.