£125 charge for 'cheque card recovery fee'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently filed a claim for nearly £3000 for RBS ffor last 6 years. One of the charges from early 2000 was for £125, and on the statement its referred to as: cheque card recovery fee

Has anyone else been charged this for the Bank to press a button on a computer to block the card and for them to call me and say the card is blocked and i must cut it up?

Can an employee in RBS tell us wether this was a charge they dreamed up to make more money out of me, or if it is a standard, and known charge which other people have had charged too? I suspect its the former.

Also interestingly they charged me a spiral of charges over 9 weeks, totalling just under £1100 (including this £125 recovery charge). This was also the first 2 months of the earliest charges 6 years ago. Of course the bank didnt send me from Dec 1999 but sent me from feb 2000.. and of course the first 2 months is where the spiral of charges came. I only found this out when a week after my 6 years statements arrived on 24th feb 2007 (I wrote to bank on 6th dec 2006 requesting statements) i received a franked white envelope (obviously not from head office but from the branch) with the statements missing from the period dec 1999 to feb 2006. Strange goings on.... someone in the bank obviously knew i was loosing out and sent me them .. but i dont know who..

Can anyone comment on this too??

Hi,

Not an employee of RBS (used to be a few years ago though :p..now work for Abbey:eek: ) but...I had a £125 recovery fee so your not the only one.

Basically when your account gets to the point its so bad in debt/charges and RBS have tried to contact you without success or you have not kept to a debt payment recovery plan with them they instruct you to cut up your card and cheque book and post back to them. If you dont send it (I didnt, because this had happened before and I got away with it) they send somebody round to collect it from you. This is when the charge is applied! I wasnt in at the time and got a hand written letter from the agency sent to collect it through the door!

So, RBS charge it but its an outside agency they employ to do it. Hence the fee. Still a lot of money but that the story behind it

Cheers,

superward

PS I chose not to include this in my charges I am reclaiming to simplify matters and not give them any reason to reject my claim on a technicality.

superward vs First Direct - WON!!!

superward vs RBS - WON!!!

The phantom helper is a strange one, no idea there but good news!

As for the £125 fee, RBS can't reject your claim, they aren't in a position to. The best they can do is tell you they won't pay you the £125 but they can't refuse to pay you the rest.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Yeah that's cool, was saying more for the benefit of the OP.

Waiting is a nightmare I know!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!