Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: DougWUK vs RBOS

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default DougWUK vs RBOS - Defence Received!

Today I submitted my claim - total claimed 1385.13.

To give a bit of history, my experience with RBSicon has been a total shambles and I suspected that the same shambles would ensue upon my requests for refunds of the unlawful charges.

As such they have failed to respond to any letter I sent.

I sent my preliminary letter 27th March 2006. No response.

I sent my lbaicon 29th April 2006. No response!

Therefore today was the day I took it legal - lets see if they respond to this.

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: DougWUK vs RBOS

I suspect they just might

Well done so far, your timetable, your money!

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Update:

They acknowledged my claim on 23rd May.

So now they have until 14th June to enter a defenceicon.

Good stuff.... sit tight.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Update and Progress Report.

Further to my previous posts, my claim was actually submitted on 22nd May 2006, meaning the bank had until 19th June to submit a defence.

Surprise surprise I received in the post on Saturday a defence from Cobbetts - having read a few other threads here it seems to be a standard defence. They have put in a CPR18 request for information.

I am putting a response together today along the lines of that I anticipate the claim will be allocated the the small claimsicon track and therefore I will not be answering the part 18icon request. However I will, as an act of good faith, provide them with the account details and list of charges with relevant dates.

General thoughts?

Doug

Spot on about the part 18icon.

In your response to them, add;

"I note from your recent correspondence that you have requested further information from me under Part 18 of the CPR.

I must advise you that Part 18 has no relevance to small claimsicon procedures and, as such, I consider that the inquiry is intimidatory and I intend to bring this matter to the notice of the court, should my case proceed that far.

Further, I shall notify the Law Society with a view to possible retraining.

As a gesture of goodwillicon and in the interests of concluding my claim, I have enclosed a breakdown of the charges imposed, their value and the interest being claimed on each charge."

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Excellent! Thank you very much.

Especially liking the line about advising the law society about retraining!

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details