Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default 2nd letter to RBOS knocked back - their final response!!!

Hi everyone,

Just had our 2nd letter to RBOS knocked back, this is their response.
    We believe that our charges are fair... bla bla bla... The charges to your account must stand, therefore this is the Bank's final responseicon to you on this matter. You may wish to seek the opinion of the fosicon and the enclosed leaflet which is produced by the FOS tells you more about the scheme and how to contact them...They then go on to say that they have passed on our request for account information and this will be processed in due course.

They sound very confident, what do you think?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: 2nd letter to RBOS knocked back - their final response!!!

They are talking rubbish.

Don't get phased - it's a standard response. Wait until their 14 days are up then issue the claim in the court. Don't even bother with the FSA and Ombudsmanicon until after you have got your money back.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

We will have to wait for the account info as I have no idea how much in charges we have incurred... think it runs into thousands!!!

So basically we should cut to the chase and go straight to the small claimsicon? Do we inform them of our intention to sue?

If you used the lbaicon template from the libraryicon then you have already indicated that you will sue if the money is not repaid.

Regarding the amount they owe - it is up to you whether to wait for the figures or not. My suggestion would be to wait, as it demonstrates reasonable and dilligent behaviour on your part.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

- Will do - I'll keep you posted as events unfold......Thanks to everyone for help and guidance etc.. I have passed on the site details to several friends all intending to take their banks on - keep up the good work!
    regards

Just recieved the same standard letter back from RBoS following my lbaicon. Looks as though everybody is getting the same treatment but I'm not giving up.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Yeah, Good old Tommy sent my letter! He must be busy just now

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL 766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL 777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2
    Amount - 586.39 claim plus 8% interest
    SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR 625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Oct 2006

I had the same letter back 3 times. They have offered 152 for a 480 claim.
    Have sent a letter refusing and off to court.

Good luck everybody.

RBS
    13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL
    Cheltenham & Gloucester (ERC's)
    21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details