• Tweets

• Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
    • I’m pleased to report the dealer has provided a full refund. He admits the vehicle wasn’t as described. This now closes the matter  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Attachment of Earnings RBS MINT Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the great site i am awaiting my information from Halifax, HSBC and more

I had a letter from allied international credit uk ltd based in glasgow saying i had to pay my £3170 immediatley which i owe to Mint due to me not maintaining the payments after being unemployed for 7 months. The original debt was through Moorcroft and they have sent it to these people as i missed 1 payment of £80 which i informed them of.

I phoned Allied international and spoke to Mr iqbal on their number and he has advised me that they will instruct their solicitors to investigate into my mortgage company to see how much equity we have and also go for an attachment of earnings, i asked if they have bought the debt of RBS mint and they said no. Can this company do this?

I have tried to phone Mint customer services but they are closed at the weekend!!!!!!:x

Can someone advise me what i can do as i am feeling the stress of being unemployed for 7 months.

i have now got a job and am paying debt off now.

I estimate that over 6 years the banks proberly owe me around £30,000 which would be such a relief

Speak to a trained debt counsellor - these people will be able to offer a great deal of info on your debt, your options, and your best way forward.

Consumer Credit Counselling Service Freephone 0800 138 1111

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks for that i will call them monday, i have never really been in that much debt until i was unemployed and now things are just mad. Hopefully getting charges back of the banks will help me out

thanks again, have you heard what the consumer credit counselling services are like?

I have personal experience of them, and I would never hesitate to promote them. They are impartial, non judgemental and very helpful.

I've yet to hear a bad word about them!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi,

thanks for that again, can you explain what the actually do then or should i wait for an email from them?

I presume from the above that you emailed them? If so, I'm sure that they will be in touch shortly, but you can call them free on Monday.

They basically offer free advice about anything debt related, to anyone in debt.

Once you have explained your predicament, they will advise you on your options. It is then up to you what you do with that information. They will not, as far as I know, offer any advice on dealing with your bank charges- you will get that help here though...

the bank charges i am doing on my own, i just need advice off them as to what to do about this collection company in scotland. They havent bought the Debt off mint as i asked them this mint still own the debt. If this is the case can this company seek what equity i have in the house and can they get an attachment of earnings?

In theory, even a small debt, unsecured, could eventually lead to the worst case scenario. However, getting to that point would involve the debtor either refusing to make a payment, or totally ignoring every effort to negotiate a deal, including many court processes.

Since that is not the case here, the outcome is likely to follow the following route (I am presuming that this debt is not secured against your property??) and also, bear in mind that my knowledge of Scottish law / regulations in particularly weak - but I imagine that the overall routine is somewhat similar...

The company now dealing with the debt asks for the money to be repaid

You presumably can't do this, and with help from someone like the CCCS, you produce an income/expenditure sheet that shows what precisely you can afford.

You then make those payments (even if this is rejected by the agency)

The agency may tell you that they will proceed with court action, however this is unlikely, since a court will only be able to make you pay what you can afford, and since the spreadsheet you have produced with CCCS will show it, the court is very unlikely to say different. With this in mind, the court would not be best pleased with the agency for wasting their time.

I'm not too sure, but it could be that the court make a record of this, effectively binding you to this agreement (in England, this would be akin to a CCJ - County Court Judgement).

So long as you stick to this payment plan, however it is reached, there should be no further action taken. At regular intervals (possibly as far as a year apart) you would be expected to update the figures on the spreadsheet, and certainly if your circumstances changed (for better or worse) then you should change it anyway and alter payments accordingly... although small differences would not matter, I'm talking more of substantial wage increases, or loss of employment etc.

The agency should be willing to reduce or stop interest (clearly stopping is preferrable here) as it would be likely that a court would ask for this. If payments are very low, and they insist on keeping interest going at full rate, then you might be "better off" letting them take you to court. The CCCS will explain further.

You would continue paying small amounts if circumstances don't change, and after some time the agency may swap to another to try a new approach, or may offer reduced settlement figures. A long running, reduced payment plan could be settled as low as 15 or 20%, but might normally be initially offered at 50 - 60% of the debt. There are no 'rules' on this though, it all depends how lucky you are.

thanks for the info. The debt agency is in scotland but i am in the uk (somerset)

one thing i dont want is a CCJ against my name as this will screw things up for the next 6 - 7 years

it just frustrates me how i told mint that i was unemployed and they werent willing to help and then when i starting paying the other debt collectors i missed one payment and they sent it to this other parasite company

Ahh, if you are in England then the above is fine. I wrongly presumed you were in Scotland, where different rules can apply. Not that I'm in anyway knowledgable about UK law, you understand!!:D

Just a quick reminder to everyone on the forum regarding CCCS.

They do provide a free service but are funded soley by, yes you guessed the banks.

The banks set up CCCS as an alternative to the Citizens Advice Bureau ,because the banks thought CAB were being too difficult and didn't agree with the banks view of the world and recovery procedure.

You decide.

RBOS - £1435.00 LBA - 2/5/06 - rtn date 6/07 -hearing 13./07 Settled 1st claim of £740 + costs in full.

Abbey - £1525.00 LBA- 8/5/06

Clydesdale -£1738.10 - LBA 16/06/06

"that will be my money, non?"

CCCS is funded and supported entirely by the credit industry, not simply banks.

CCCS provides its services totally free to consumers - an an impartial way, without being prejudiced by that funding.

I think it is extremely unfair to paint a picture of them as being in the banks pocket!

I have used their services in the past and they were an absolute godsend - never once did they make any kind of suggestion that any bank, or other financial organisation, should take preferrence in payments, and overall gave us the best and clearest advice possible.

Specifically, in relation to our Halifax bank account that was £750 in arrears, they advised us to 'walk away from it' and offer a minimal payment of £1 per month - there's little that they can do at that stage!

Hardly the actions of an organisation that might be a bit too close to banks!

I don't want this issue to hijack the thread, so if there are further comments to be made on the subject, let's have a new thread started please.

CCCS is funded and supported entirely by the credit industry, not simply banks.

CCCS provides its services totally free to consumers - an an impartial way, without being prejudiced by that funding.

I think it is extremely unfair to paint a picture of them as being in the banks pocket!

I have used their services in the past and they were an absolute godsend - never once did they make any kind of suggestion that any bank, or other financial organisation, should take preferrence in payments, and overall gave us the best and clearest advice possible.

Specifically, in relation to our Halifax bank account that was £750 in arrears, they advised us to 'walk away from it' and offer a minimal payment of £1 per month - there's little that they can do at that stage!

Hardly the actions of an organisation that might be a bit too close to banks!

I don't want this issue to hijack the thread, so if there are further comments to be made on the subject, let's have a new thread started please.

Pleased to hear that is your experience J2B - its just I was around at the birth of CCCS and that was the original idea , IMHO and experience, of course.

Yes your right , a discussion for another time and place. Just delete my post if you think it's a diversion.

RBOS - £1435.00 LBA - 2/5/06 - rtn date 6/07 -hearing 13./07 Settled 1st claim of £740 + costs in full.

Abbey - £1525.00 LBA- 8/5/06

Clydesdale -£1738.10 - LBA 16/06/06

"that will be my money, non?"

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks