ccj's

gavv8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just simple question, if you default on a ccj which is issued to one dca and the debt is then sold to a new dca does the ccj automatically get transferred and can the new owner of the debt use the ccj to enforce the debt?

well it is unusal for a debt to be sold on once a judgment has been granted. the judgment would still stand but my understanding is that the dca who obtained the judgment would be the only one who could enforce it.

i may be proved wrong though!

just to say i owed a wee debt which i totally forgot about, a judgment was entered upon it from the company then the company sold the debt to westcot. thankfully i paid the debt direct to the company it was 1st owed to, saving me the dca s fees. if u do owe a debt, contact the company owed, and pay them, dont go through the dca if at all possible, it will result in added fees.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

I have a ccj which was obtained by mls solicitors (moorcroft litigation services) but the debt is now owned by the infamous cabot so i was just wondering like you do .....

• 7 years later...

Hi, i have been checking my credit file online and found a discrepancy between the amount i thought i owed an organisation following a loss in small claim court and the amount shown as till oweing on the credit file report, also both Noddle and Trust online say that i have no ccj's despite me losing in small claims court...is this right? i must admit i'm a bit baffled.

Gavin.

There is no ccj recorded on either my credit file or with TRUST.

This contradicts your first post, where you say you were checking your credit file and found a discrepancy.

Can we assume that it is recorded with one of the reference agencies but not on Noddle (i.e. Callcredit) or Trust Online?

So it is still being recorded simply as an account but not that it was ever in court ?

When you say "last" July".. is that July 2014 or 2013 ? I think they dont record Judgments until up to 28 days after.

But if it was 2013.. then I am at a loss to understand why it hasnt been recorded.. I certainly shouldnt worry about it :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If however, you have been making payments off the debt - then you want that accurately recorded - I suggest you request a statement of account so that you can check all the payments you have made have been deducted.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Was July 2013 and i just thought that all judgements were recorded as ccj's thats all.

For sure you would have thought it would be recorded on trust online - but if it isn't.. I wouldn't panic.. this could mean that the recording on your credit file will only last as long as the original default date and not from the Judgment date.. fingers crossed.

However, you do need a statement to find out the true balance outstanding.

BCOBS