DPA request returned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son had asked for records of 3 bank accounts. He has received a letter stating that the accounts cannot be traced due to lack of information even though he stated the account numbers and the name / address of his local branch in his initial template letter.He is now being asked to provide dates when the accounts were opened and closed and also the sort code for his branch. His cheque has also been returned with his initial letter.

He will send the letter again, including the extra infromation. Should he update the date on his letter? As the cheque has been returned can he state that the 40 days are from them receiving his first DPA request or will it start from the date of his new request? I feel these are delaying tactics being used as I am quite sure that his initial details should have been adequate!

Can anyone advise please?

• 2 months later...

Hi bigshel yes this could have been found and looks like a delaying tactic, if they were to say for security reasons can you provide us with more information that would have been more plausable.

Provide them with the information they have requested and may i ask if he is at the same address, if he isnt he would be best to send some id in with the request so as to avoid them asking for it thus delaying again.

You could hand in the SAR to the local branch therefore if there is any other information they require you would know there and then.

If I'm correct, the SAR deadlines started from the day they first received your request. This further request is most likely delaying tactics.

The DPA request is a request for information on AN INDIVIDUAL and the bank are therefore required to be able to locate that individual even if you don't have account numbers.

It is important for him to identify himself so I agree with bigmac regarding the extra information though I would put in the letter somewhere the bit about an individual and that you have provided them with enough information to do this so you expect no further requests from them.

Good luck ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!