Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Interest... How do I change the 'sum' on the spready from 8% to the 29.9% capital One have been applying to the charges they have added to my account.

... Or is that not how I work out the interest they have charged me on the charges??

Sorry to sound confused. I'm getting there... slowly, ha! :-)

Moodle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Interest... How do I change the 'sum' on the spready from 8% to the 29.9% capital One have been applying to the charges they have added to my account.

... Or is that not how I work out the interest they have charged me on the charges??

Sorry to sound confused. I'm getting there... slowly, ha! :-)

ah... think I am using the wrong spready... need the one with the extra columns... any one got one they could direct me to??

Moodle

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have finished filling in the complex bank charge spreadsheet thanks very much for creating that. However I have noticed something (please ignore if this has been mentioned before)

Basically the spreadsheet uses the cumulative charges takes them off the current balance and uses a ratio of

(corrected balance/actual balance)

* months interest

to calculate the proportion of the months interest thats owed to you.

This is great however I feel that this proportion of interest should be fed back into the calculation so its cumulative so we get

(corrected balance+cumulative charges interest)/actual balance * months interest

This will give more interest on the charges as the calculation will take into account the cumulative charges. I will try and modify the spreadsheet to do this.

Thanks

Pumpytums

Please ignore the above, I have just realised that the method would be compound interest which is a can of worms.

Edited by pumpytums

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness... I am completely lost here!!!

Im using the excel advanced to try and claim back something on my overdraft interest. I also have some unplanned overdraft interest??!! Is this the same??

I dont even know where to start... is there a simple way of explaining it to me???

Sorry to be a pain :(

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

• 10 months later...

Basically each month you get charged interest on a OD or credit card balance. A part of the balance is made up of charges for example

Example 1

balance = £1000 £100 of which is charges

So if you are charged £100 interest in a month 10% would be due to the charges. So you can add £10 on to your claim. This continues every time interest is charged.

Example 2

Balance =£1000 £200 of which is charges 20% of monthly interest would be claimable.

So if you are charged £100 interest in a month 20% would be due to the charges. So you can add £20 on to your claim.

Basically if hadn't had those charges the interest would be lower hence why you can claim it back.

I hope that helps that's basically how the advanced spread sheet works.

Pumpytums

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I am a bit flakie when it comes to spreadsheets and figures (they freak me out) I have tried a for over a week now to work out 39.9% interest and I have got it wrong over and over.

Can somebody please help me out with a spreadsheet that would work that out for me. I would be extremely grateful as I want to get this off to VERY asap.

Cheers x

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

[

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks