2 Accounts = 2 Seperate Claims?

dfh101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

New to the site, hope you can help me with a few queries before I get things moving with the bank.

I have one rbs joint account with my wife and she has her own rbs account.

I have calculated that we have been charged £827.93 in charges on the main account and £341 on my wife’s account.

Q : Do we apply for both accounts together or do we make a joint claim for the joint account and my wife only makes a claim for her account?

Using the scotland simple excel sheet from this site has calculated interest at 8% on the charges from the date they applied till today of £93.60 on the joint account and £32.15 on my wife’s account.

Q : Do I add these to the charges and claim for the total?

One of the charges on my wife’s account was for £25 which was a fee they charged her when the council tax tried to arrest her account, the rbos never gave them anything as it was in overdraft at that time.

Q : Is this a claimable fee?

I have not written to the bank for statements as I do all the finances in Microsoft money and have 9 years of records; a fee transaction I have recorded in 2004 was for £21.93 which was an odd amount.

I want to get the claim in as soon as possible and don’t want to wait for statements.

Q : Am I better leaving this out as it may hold up the claim if its not a claimable fee / disputable?

I have this month’s statement in and it is confirming charges that will be debited next month

Q : Can I include fees in my claim that have been detailed on the statement that will be debited next month?

Any help or further advice would be appreciated

Many Thanks

DFH101

Hi there

Q : Do we apply for both accounts together or do we make a joint claim for the joint account and my wife only makes a claim for her account?

I don't really want to answer this one, as there are different implications as you are in scotland. If it were England / Wales I would say it is up to your but the limits are different in Scotland so you will have to wait for someone who knows about them to answer this.

Q : Do I add these to the charges and claim for the total?

8% interest is statuatory interest that your able to claim ONCE YOU FILE A CLAIM WITH THE COURTS. Until such time, you are not able to claim this interest. Keep the calculations handy for when / if you get that far.

Q : Is this a claimable fee?

It's not an arranged fee, it's not something you agreed to, so IMO yes.

Q : Am I better leaving this out as it may hold up the claim if its not a claimable fee / disputable?

What is the narrative against the charge? Have you written any wording down from the statement or does it just say CHARGE?

Q : Can I include fees in my claim that have been detailed on the statement that will be debited next month?

I wouldn't include them on your statement as yet. You could mention them in your prelim and say you wish for them to be reversed. If you do end up paying them you can then adjust your spreadsheet when the time comes.

Good luck ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!