CCJ's

brecken
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Between us, hubby and I have 3 CCJ's. no payments made and no contact with companies for nearly 6 years.

What do you think we can expect, do you think these might disapear soon from our credit files, or will they stay there for ever, or until they are paid, and what would happen if the companies decided to get intouch again to demand payment.

I should say that we did pay the bulk of these debts and what is remaining is probably a result of charges, legal fees etc.

brecken xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The CCJs will fall off your credit file after 6 years although the creditors could theoretically chase you for ever for the money (although you can argue the time taken with the court)

You should know that if you’ve defaulted on the judgments the creditors could chose to use alternative enforcement action to recover the money owing.

This could include bailiff action, taking the money directly from your earnings or even trying to secure the debt to property if you own any.

They would have to go back to court and ask to be allowed to collect on the CCJ. They would have to have a very good reason to explain why they hadn't collected the monies within the six years.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Hi

If they try to take you to court after the 6 years have passed (provided you have not made a payment or acknowledged the debt in writing during that time) then you can file a defence that the debt is statute barred under the Limitations Act 1980.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

It's always something that will hang over us I supose.

why don't you apply for a variation and pay the judgments off at a reasonable rate?

more info here:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 08 Reducing Payments Or Suspending A Bailiffs Warrant On A County Court Judgment

Hi

If they try to take you to court after the 6 years have passed (provided you have not made a payment or acknowledged the debt in writing during that time) then you can file a defence that the debt is statute barred under the Limitations Act 1980.

Regards, Pam

Didnt think applied to CCJ's.

Would be good if it did mind.

why don't you apply for a variation and pay the judgments off at a reasonable rate?

more info here:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 08 Reducing Payments Or Suspending A Bailiffs Warrant On A County Court Judgment

6 years almost up, dont really want to rock the boat if I dont have to.

Thanks anyway.