Indesit dryer-think I may have been fobbed off

jotty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought an Indesit dryer on the 22nd of Feb from Curry's in Bolton (middlebrook), delivered day after when I paid the £25 fee. That day worked fine however day after it would not heat up and kept showing water tank full warning when it wasn't.

I went back to shop yesterday and the manager said I could have a new one but would have to wait 14 days even though he had one in store, this was because he had 'no budget' to pay the private delivery boys and would have to use Curry's own service?.

At this point I kicked off a little so he phoned the service centre and they said the dryer needed resetting and an engineer is due on Monday.

My question is should I have accepted this, I'm a little worried it may be a faulty unit and this could reoccur over again?

You have a short time to reject a faulty item. Since you went to store after 3 days, I think you should be ok, should the engineer decided that it is faulty after all, to say you had rejected it within the short time prescribed.

See what engineer says, take it from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would depend on what you said in the store to be honest.

If you made it clear that you wished to reject the item, then you should have no problems.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.