Mama Bear Vs RBS

Mama Bear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

only had my account with RBS since October, but already theyve charged me £258 !!

£38 for an unpaid item!! - the item was only £21.03 !!!

anyways, got another claim in progress with Barclays at the mo, theyve had the LBA, we're on countdown til i file with MCOL... thought i might as well get my money back from RBS too!

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Good Luck! The same has happened to my 18 year old daughter, she's got approx £400+ charges and she can't get it into her head why the Halifax have done this to her, she thought they were there to help her!! Bless.. I've protected her too much I think.... needless to say I'm starting on her account now I've sorted mine with RBS... Stick with it winning is a lovely feeling!

:)RBS - Settled in full -3k

do rbs pay out pretty quickly then? its ironic - i actually set up this account as my parachute account in case barclays get shirty and close my account! now this!

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Nightmare! RBS seem to pay out the lesser amounts before MCOL stage, but things are changing all the time, read up on a few threads to get a feel for it. I was paid out after a court date of 30 May was set! But mine was for £3k. Took from October to yesterday all in all.

:)RBS - Settled in full -3k

hmm... what to do, what to do..?

i dont suppose theres any point in worrying, what will be, will be.

HOWEVER

its nice to know that all these years that I have been tellinh my mum that the bank are [causing problems] me (i'm referring to the £2k that i'm claiming back from barclays) and she just said that it wasnt the bank, it was the fact that i was just crappy with money...

I WAS RIGHT !!!! HA HA HA IN YOUR FACE MUM !!!

no, seriously though, it just gets you thinking - how many charges has my mum encountered without even thinking to question it? *shudder* doesnt bear thinking about

quick update, my prelim letter was delivered on monday to edinburgh... as yet no response. they have 8 days (until the 9th) before I send my LBA...

morning everyone, just thought I'd let you know that over the weekend I received a letter offering FULL settlement of my account with NO CONDITIONS!!

will let you know when monies recd so that the Mods can do their thing and move my thread.

(Still going with barclays though...3 days till I file with MCOL)

Hiya Mama Bear,

They must of had a payout day on Friday as i got mine this morning!

Well done!

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

i wonder if barclays will ever pay out.... :confused:

do you know how to change your signature?

I'm in the same boat as A & L, that one will be in the region of £5k when they finally get roound to sending out my SAR!

To change signiture click on the bit that says Private messages at the top of the screen, you'll then see the options available!

i know, but where abouts is it after youve clicked Private Messages - I've looked everywhere for it!

Mmm...i just looked too, can't see it. Sorry!

Good news! Congrats!

As for changing signature, at top click User CP, then options down left hand side there is EDIT SIGNATURE ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

hmm.. looks like im going to have to start claim #2 with RBS.... since my original claim only included charges up to 22nd feb, and since that date, theyve charged me another £45.78...its only a small amount, but hey, its the principal of things! do you guys think that I should wait until I have the settlement money in my account before I start #2 or should I send my prelim letter now anyway...

Wait, yes. Once it's been paid, it might be worth your while sending a simple letter to them requesting refund the 45 quid given that you have succesfully claimed x amount and that it would be in everyone's interest (time and money) for them to refund this rather than go through the whole process again.

Might get resolved a lot quicker that way.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

morning everyone, just thought I'd let you know that over the weekend I received a letter offering FULL settlement of my account with NO CONDITIONS!!

will let you know when monies recd so that the Mods can do their thing and move my thread.

(Still going with barclays though...3 days till I file with MCOL)

Did you include a full spreadsheet of charges with this, or did you just send a total and request that?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

TheDean Vs Telewest - 27/10 SB's big letter sent.

sent them the soc with the prelim letter. didnt include any interest though on either the soc or the prelim letter.

DA DA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just checked my bank.... £258.00 'inter-branch payment' paid in this morning!!

MODS, feel free to move me to the *WON* pile, and add me to your statistics!

thanks everyone, just need Barclays to do the same and I'll be a happy woman!

p.s... I wonder if I should now send them LBA #2 for the subsequest £45 in charges?

Nice one.

You need to add yourself to the statistics - very top of the page RIGHT up the top is a link Bank Charges Survey.

found it... have put my £258's worth in (sounds better than tuppence doesnt it!?)

will be making a donation v shortly (need to pay for my MOT first, then will be donating to the site)

do you think i should just call RBS for the extra £45 or actually send them a prelim letter (#2)?

IMO, you should either ring them or do what I said in #15.

The ONLY trouble with ringing is you have nothing written down. That said, it could be resolved far quicker....

yeah i guess youre right. what did you do with your second claim? did you just call them or did you write them the #15 letter?

It's worth a shot though - if you don't get any luck with a call, then you could go ahead with the letter.

Well I sent a prelim, but my second claim was on a seperate account. Since then I have seen others renegotiate their final offer, send letters, make phonecalls.

For speed, I would try the phonecall first, if not a prelim or simple letter will do. In reality I guess it doesn't really matter which way you do it - you will get it back eventually!

Slightly amended prelim letter to be sent to RBS... any thoughts anyone?

Tommy McLean

Customer Relations

Customer Central Support

First Floor

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9LE

13. March 2007

Request for repayment of charges

Dear Sir,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

SORT CODE: XXXXXX

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last month. Since the 22nd February 2007, a further £45.78 has been levied from my account.

I will draw your attention to the fact that I have already successfully claimed back charges levied from my account up to the 22nd February 2007.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £45.78.

I require repayment of these charges, unconditionally within 14 days of this letter.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

yf,

MB

anybody with any suggestions - they would be gratefully received...