Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder scottlambert47 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Arrow Advice regarding intrest on statements

i have started working my way through all the steps so far i recieved my statements from RBSicon and have added all charges up 782

what i am confused about (and im sorry if this is in another thread as i have trawled the site)is intrest, the intrest shown on my account for been overdrawn is that claimable also as well as charges,

im sorry if i make no sense this is all getting rather complicated now,

so for example my statement would show

13th nov intrest 29th october withdrawn 9.82

do i add all these intrest charges to my schedule and class them as charges,

and if so what is daily intrest and the 8% and the spredsheets come into everything

sorry for been a noob on this but hope you can all help me

much obliged scott

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder Essix Blue Novitiate

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Default Re: Advice regarding intrest on statements

The interest you have been charged when overdrawn IS claimable, but only the interest charged against your charges (if you get what I mean)

There's a spreadsheet that works it all out for you - have a look in the documents section.

Daily interest (or 8% interest) is what you can claim once you file in court (if you have to ) against your bank. The spreadsheet works this out for you too.

Request for statements sent 1/2/07

Statements received 10/02/07

Prelim emailed and posted 15/02/07

Prelim email received 15/02/2007
    Prelim letter signed for 16/02/2007
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder scottlambert47 Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2006

Exclamation Re: Advice regarding intrest on statements

thank you essix however i am still confused

i have a total of 782 pounds of charges ranging over 3 years with the royal Bank of Scotlandicon,

now i understand i dont claim for the 8% extra unless i win in court,
    but what confuses me is how do i work out how much intrest they took from me regarding my charges

do i need to know the RBSicon unauthorised borrowing rate? and work it out that way, ive looked at the spreadsheets and just getting bogged off with it all, how would i look if i just claimed for the charges no intrest just charges

my account in 500 pounds in the red you see and they owe me nearly 800, i just want the account wiped so thats one debt less to worry about, anything extra would be a bonus, please everyone help me if possible,

i have my preliminary letter ready to print just totally lost now,

many thanks scott

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2006

Default Re: Advice regarding intrest on statements

You need one of the more complex spreadsheets which lists charges down left column and interest down right column. Calculations on the spreadsheet do it all for you, but you need to enter correct information. Mindzai's spreadsheet is highly affective for this. Link to it in my post here which should also give you some help in filling it out.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details