Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder me_n_my_kids Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2006

Basic Account Holder missm Novitiate

Default Re: can i claim?

yes. send the s.a.r. to your local branch.

Basic Account Holder me_n_my_kids Novitiate

even with no account number?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2006

You will have to find the account number. RBSicon will use this as a delaying tactic to keep you from claiming.

Is there anyway you can locate the account number? Old letters? Transfers to other accounts?

Failing that, the best way to do it is to ring the branch you were with and ask them to locate your account number. In the current climate they will no doubt be curious as to why you want your account number and will probably ask you. Have a reason to hand......accountant wants to reconcile your accounts....CSA is looking into your payment history....something like that.

Without your account number / sortcode you WILL have problems obtaining your data.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder mbdiss Novitiate mbdiss's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Quote Originally Posted by helznpeanut View Post
    Hiya, we had an account with RBSicon about 3 years ago, but dont even have the account number. there was about 300 charges on it, but we paid it and closed it. is it still possible to claim?

hi if you send your SARicon letter and have no account details you will need to give them as much info about your self as poss so you should include your names, adderss (where you were living at the time if you haave moved) B.O.D and proof of ID. With that info tey will be able to find your info and will send you everything you ask for. this i what i did with an account of mine and i had no probs getting the info.

i hope this helps
    good luck with your claim

Basic Account Holder marcelle Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Talking Re: can i claim?

Quote Originally Posted by mbdiss View Post
    hi if you send your S.A.R - (Subject access requesticon) letter and have no account details you will need to give them as much info about your self as poss so you should include your names, adderss (where you were living at the time if you haave moved) B.O.D and proof of ID. With that info tey will be able to find your info and will send you everything you ask for. this i what i did with an account of mine and i had no probs getting the info.

i hope this helps
    good luck with your claim
    As in Birth of Date??

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

lol

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder mbdiss Novitiate mbdiss's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Quote Originally Posted by marcelle View Post
    As in Birth of Date??
    lol yes i'm a yank don't you know

Basic Account Holder crashbandicoot Informative crashbandicoot Informative crashbandicoot Informative crashbandicoot's Avatar

hezl, you can also go into the branch your were with, with some ID. They are normally quite good at fishing out info on the spot, or can at least find out and let you know. As the others have said, take as much info as poss.

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
    DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off
    DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served
    DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served 60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of 393.06
    24 Days: E2Save Settled in full 70
    59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full 134.39
    162 Days: Halifax Settled in full 1543.80
    179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full 2450.45 + 447.02 in costs
    254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full 1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details