Small business claim against RBS

MancMick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just about to start claiming back the last 6 years of charges for a relative's business account with RBS and have a few questions.

1. The total amount of charges I intend to challenge is over £8,000. Will this make the small claims route void as it exceeds the £5,000 limit? Could I split it and claim say the first 3 years charges and then the next 3 years? (so any claim would be for less than £5k?)

2. The account in question has always operated around the overdraft limit, but my initial calculations suggest that if the charges are deducted, many of the times the limit was exceeded would not have happened. Can I therefore claim back any interest charges relating to exceeding the overdraft limit? If I can, should I request a list of the account's overdraft limits and the dates the limit was increased/reduced?

3. There are several charges on the account for 'overdraft arrangement fees', usually between £150 & £300. I understand that such service fees are not normally claimable. However, if I can show that the increased overdraft was necessitated by the accumulation of wrongful charges, could I claim these fees back as a charge for an un-neccesary service?

4. As this is a claim against RBS, does it need to be filed in Scotland? The account is actually at a Bolton branch so any court claim will be made in England.

5. Finally, I have dowloaded the spreadsheet but have no idea how to enter the data onto it. Is there an example of a filled in spreadsheet anywhere?

Many thanks in advance.

Mick

i can only answer No 4 for certain, file in england as your accounts in england

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

1 Yes, split into two periods

2 I've explained a lot of that here

3 These are claimable, again referred to in above link.

4 C Allen is correct there

5 No examples, but what is wrong??

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!