Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder MancMick Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2007

Default Small business claim against RBS

I am just about to start claiming back the last 6 yearsicon of charges for a relative's business account with RBSicon and have a few questions.

1. The total amount of charges I intend to challenge is over 8,000. Will this make the small claimsicon route void as it exceeds the 5,000 limit? Could I split it and claim say the first 3 years charges and then the next 3 years? (so any claim would be for less than 5k?)

2. The account in question has always operated around the overdraft limit, but my initial calculations suggest that if the charges are deducted, many of the times the limit was exceeded would not have happened. Can I therefore claim back any interest charges relating to exceeding the overdraft limit? If I can, should I request a list of the account's overdraft limits and the dates the limit was increased/reduced?

3. There are several charges on the account for 'overdraft arrangement fees', usually between 150 & 300. I understand that such service fees are not normally claimable. However, if I can show that the increased overdraft was necessitated by the accumulation of wrongful charges, could I claim these fees back as a charge for an un-neccesary service?

4. As this is a claim against RBS, does it need to be filed in Scotland? The account is actually at a Bolton branch so any court claim will be made in England.

5. Finally, I have dowloaded the spreadsheet but have no idea how to enter the data onto it. Is there an example of a filled in spreadsheet anywhere?

Many thanks in advance.
    Mick