Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder bugaroo Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2007

Default Rbs CC at fault??

Hi there,
    I posted in the general section but I thought maybe it is more relevant here.

I made a credit card (RBSicon) payment through the phone a few days ago, and the stupid person took out a double payment frm my halifaxicon acct. I obviously didn't have enough in my bank acct for a double payment so I got charged by my bank (30 pounds). I wasn't aware of this and I thought I had enough for the next few days, so I used my debit card to pay for a small item. And well being overdrawn, I got charged another 30 pounds as I have insufficient amount to pay for my 'small item.
    So I didn't realise abt these charges, but I make deposits into my acct every so often. But becuase I didn't realise the charges, I don't take them into acct and only deposit enough for me to use for week. And I got charged again! another 60 pounds are pending . I am now facing a total charge of 120pounds.
    I'm digging such a big hole in my pocket just becuase of one charge leading to another. I'm only a student. I'm 'horror struck'. This all happened in a span of a week.

I called Halifax who said they were just following procedures and blamed RBS. I then called RBS who requested my the information to be put in in writing with supporting bank statements.
    Will RBS cover the full 120pound charges? I have actually been into Halifax before I found this website and they have waivered one of the 30 pound charges which I agreed to, but it seems I shouldn't have since I started reading this website.. (although all this was verbally conducted).

I'm not sure what to do at this stage.. do I just follow procedures for prelim? It seems odd tho, as the charges were levied from Halifax, but the root cause is RBS..