• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Am I claiming the right things?

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

please can somone confirm what I can and can't claim?

I am claiming for the follwoing:

"CHG TO(DATE) A/C(NUM)

"UNPAID ITEM(S)"

"REFERRAL CHARGE FOR (DATE)"

"CARD MISUSE"

Anything else?

I am right in thinkin i cannot claim for cheque cancellation though?

Also, can someone please explain what an entry like this means:

PARTICULARS WITHDRAWN PAID IN

CHG TO[DATE] A/C [NUMBER] 20.00

[NUMBERS] [DATE]

CARD 04 120.00

What does the above mean? And what can I claim for?

thanks

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Also, can I claim back the Default Notice fee?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Hi Un1.

I'm presuming this is RBS (it looks like it). This should help with your charges.

Cheque cancellation would be something you requested and therefore couldn't be claimed.

Haven't a clue what that last one is??

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks guys

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Cheers guys

what are rbs like at paying? do they drag it out?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

and there's loads of addresses - can i use this one

:

RBOS senior Customer Relations Manager at Edinburgh

Freepost PO box 1727 Edinb EH12 9JN

My charges claims:

Default removals:

sorry, the last entry for £120 was a cash withdrawal at the branch

Oh right, thanks!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 1 month later...

Hi

In summary, my aunty claimed 5k and was offered 4800 after lba.

She signed the acceptenace form and crossed off that they would pay it into the account and wrote that she wanted a cheque.

She called them today and they said they are giving it to Moorcroft, their DCA and won't issue a cheque.

As their offer was less than she wanted to claim, can she now withdraw her acceptance and file an MCOL for the full amount?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

write to them don't phone

tell them there are other debts also

and as it is HER money

SHE decides who gets it

and it will be shared equally

it is her money they wrongly charged her NOT theirs

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree with you both.

She has called them though.

I am thinking of doing the following:

1.Writing to them to advise them that the payment made is not acknowledged

2.issue MCOL for the full amount.

They have already put it in the account with the DCA and have said they can't remove it...

My charges claims:

Default removals:

as she signed the acceptance form there are possible issues with now not acking the payment.

i would be more inclined to include something along the lines of not paid via the request method.

advise them that for everyday the money is not available to use as request you will charge them at their overdraft interest rate.

it is not THEIR money, they cannot do what they like with it!

if the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction is 7 days

you will proceed with court action for the full amount plus interest as per section 69.

dx100uk:)

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as she signed the acceptance form there are possible issues with now not acking the payment.

i would be more inclined to include something along the lines of not paid via the request method.

advise them that for everyday the money is not available to use as request you will charge them at their overdraft interest rate.

it is not THEIR money, they cannot do what they like with it!

if the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction is 7 days

you will proceed with court action for the full amount plus interest as per section 69.

dx100uk:)

Thanks DX, we have done this now!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

ok, so thye called my aunty 20 mins after receiving her letter to tell her the money had been removed from the account

Nothing else - they just said "Mrs un1boy's aunty, It's whoever I am from the RBS, we have removed the payment from your account"

Also, the solicitor said, "I don't know what your problem is - you've got the money."

Sheesh....

It's her money, not theirs....apparently the FOS said that they have to issue her with a cheque if that's what she requested and that they can't just put it into her account.

so, quite a good result at the mo - she has given them until fri to get the cheque, if not received then we will issue MCOLS

My charges claims:

Default removals:

well done great news

she must be pleased.

keep up the good work

any more help just ask

dx100uk;)

and they

Yeh, she is pleased - I just can't believe the attitude of the people that work there, especially the solicitor!

We are giving them until friday and if no cheque, then MCOL will be issued...

Thanks for all ur help guys!! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

This is quite interesting because I was always under the impression that it would be difficult to enforce payment in the manner you request and I've said this to a lot of people over the months as I was told the same a long while back.

This is a bit of a turnaround and I would imagine that this will be of a lot of use to a lot of other people.

Would you mind giving a brief bit of what she / you did to get this overturned? How were the FOS involved?

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

This is quite interesting because I was always under the impression that it would be difficult to enforce payment in the manner you request and I've said this to a lot of people over the months as I was told the same a long while back.

This is a bit of a turnaround and I would imagine that this will be of a lot of use to a lot of other people.

Would you mind giving a brief bit of what she / you did to get this overturned? How were the FOS involved?

Ok, here goes:

RBS offered about £150 short of full claim amount.

They gave a form asking her to sign and it said it would be put in her account.

I told her to cross off the account bit and write that she wanted a cheque, within 7 days.

She faxed this off and 6 days later called them to chase it. They said it wasn't on their screens etc, and said it would be put into the account with the DCA.

I told her to advise RBS that this would not happen as she had requested a cheque and if they didn't accpet those terms, they shuldn't have paid her - this is because she would have issued MCOL if she wasn['t getting a cheque.

Anyway, they put the cash in her account and she told them to take it out. They said they couldn't and that they wouldn't.

So, she called the FSA who said they can pay it how they want. The FOS on the other hand siad they couldn't (there was no complaint made with the FOS, just "advice").

RBS kept sayig that because she had signed the form, ,she had accepted the payout, even though she had requested a cheque.

She called the solicitors who said, "I don't know what your problem is, you've got the money" and she said, it's my money - not urs.

It took a few calls, and they were really rude to my aunty, saying they had a right to recoever money owed to them first etc - they even put the phone down on my aunty - just because the lady said, "we have your signed acceptance form here, I'm looking at it" and my aunty said, "Yes, and if you read it, it says "as a cheque, within 7 days!" The lady then saud, "I am not talking to you anymore Mrs. un1boy's aunty" and put the phone down!!!

So, I wrote her a letter saying that she didn't acknowledge the payment they had made as it wasn't made by the terms of here acceptance. It also said that she wowuld begin legal proceedings for the full amount, plus costs, plus interest if she hadn't had the cheque by firday.

She was called 20 mins later to say they has removed the money.

We don't know what's happening now, but if she doesn't get the cheque by firday, we are issuing MCOL.....

• Haha 1

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Great news for you! Thanks very much for detailing, the contact with the FOS is interesting.

Interesting differing advise from FSA and FOC.

I note the chairman of FOC is Chris Kelly, formerly director of monetary & fiscal policy and director of the budget & public finances at HM Treasury.

Am I right in understanding that the FSA isn't necessary independent ie totally without prejudical interest? Aren't some of their board members ex bankers?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Great news for you! Thanks very much for detailing, the contact with the FOS is interesting.

Indeed - I'll keep you updated.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Interesting differing advise from FSA and FOC.

I note the chairman of FOC is Chris Kelly, formerly director of monetary & fiscal policy and director of the budget & public finances at HM Treasury.

Am I right in understanding that the FSA isn't necessary independent ie totally without prejudical interest? Aren't some of their board members ex bankers?

The FSA is a limited compnay and its board are appointed by the treasury!

Their budget of 600million per year is paid by all companies it regulates!

My charges claims:

Default removals: