Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder freewheeler Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2007

Default freewheeler vs RBS

This is getting scary! lbaicon sent mid Jan and also copies of all letters sent to Litigation, Princess St early Feb. Both totally ignored. I have now completed an MCOL using the Group Litigation as the defendant's address. Can anyone give me any reason why I should not click "Submit"?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: freewheeler vs RBS

Quote Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
    This is getting scary! lbaicon sent mid Jan and also copies of all letters sent to Litigation, Princess St early Feb. Both totally ignored. I have now completed an MCOL using the Group Litigation as the defendant's address. Can anyone give me any reason why I should not click "Submit"?

NO

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder missm Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Try sending an email to tommy.mclean@rbos.co.uk with copies of all your correspondence and something along the lines of this: (exactly what I did before I filed MCOL for my first claim, settled within a few days)

I am writing to you to express my extreme disapoinment in regards a claim I have filed against my branch and yourselves.
    I sent a letter requesting a refund of all charges levied against my Interest Paying Current Account on xxx. I then sent another letter requesting again all charges be refunded on xxx
    . Please note that both of these letters were sent via recorded mail and both were signed for at xxxxxxxx.
    I have attached a copy of both letters as well as the schedule of charges for your reference. The total I am claiming is £xxx
    To date I have recieved no response or even recognition of my claim. I feel extrememly undervalued as a customer and am shocked at the lack of customer service I am recieving.
    Due to recent media coverage, I now believe that your charges are a Penalty, penalty charges being irrecoverable at common law. It has been held that a contractual party can only recover damages for an actual loss or liquidated losses. It is clear that your charges do not reflect any actual and or real loss.
    However, if you say that your charges are not penalties, I would be interested if you would demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs. I would be more than happy to receive this via email: blah blah blah@hotmail.com
    I look forward to hearing from you and to a resolution of this. I will wait for until xxx as outlined in the letter dated xxxx then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Please contact me at the above address or by email.

Basic Account Holder missm Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Basic Account Holder freewheeler Novitiate

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Thanks missm, perhaps I'll give them one more chance before MCOL. Wish me luck!

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details