quick tricky question re;banks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i'm new,obviously, and over the past years have like others paid thousands of my minimum wage in fees,many for being a few pounds over my limit.my problem is this,i live in england,i work in scotland,my bank is next door to the factory( the bank of scotland),scotlands max claim is £750,but if i took action from my home town(berwick,england)can i assume i am not limited by scottish law?? thanks in advance.

Hello reasten,

Welcome to the Forum. First off, if you haven't already done so, I STRONGLY recommend you read the FAQs, which should tell you everything you need to know. If you follow the instructions there, there's no reason why you won't get all your money back.

As to your question - you should claim in Berwick County Court (England), as this is where you live. Happily, you will also benefit from the £5000 small claims limit.

I have personal experience of dealing with the Clerks in Berwick, and strongly recommend that you give them a call if you need any advice about the procedures.

Good luck, and please keep the form updated about your progress.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

thanks very much,posting off my £10 on monday with 6 year history request,i will keep informed by posting on the friends of bos/rbos thread,incidentally,twice over 6 years when i have had my back against the wall financially i went into my branch,and after 10 mins of grovelling like it was the banks money,got small refunds,the manageress told me she was only allowed to refund twice a year on a personal account as a gesture of goodwill(wish i had that in writing!) sadly its like a training branch and the faces and managers change with the weather.i will also apply to open an account elsewhere .thanks and i encourage all who are considering action to be brave,after all,its your money you worked hard for...i work 65 hours a week,nights,in wet,cold environments for very little wage,and with one swift letter,the bank can take a days wage from me,not anymore!!!

• 1 month later...

well,i received a standard letter from bos,along with 14 second class letters containing statements,the letter from data protection consultant mark states they will comply and send all info by the 17th june at the latest,thats a week ago and only half turned up,will ring today in a friendly manner and remind them of the regulations...wish me luck.

good luck!

have your preliminary letter ready, so that all you have to do is fill in the amount and pop it in the post (or through the letterbox next door- then you will know that they have received it )

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks