Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    james76 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Rbs Appeals 4wks After Judgement Has Been Issued

:? Hi All Could Anyone Please Help Me. Basically I Followed All Of The Useful Steps Outlined On This Sight And Had Got To The Stage Where I Had Applied Online To Take The RBSicon To Court.

they Never Replied Back To The Courts Notification And After A Long Drawn Out Wait Was Issued A Court Judgement In Our Favour As I Had Won By Default.

still No Reply From Rbs So I Issued A Warrant Online Which The Bank Were Told They Needed To Reply To......

.then Nearly Three Weeks After This And Believing That The Case Was Coming To An End , They Have Now Filed An Application To Set Aside The Judgement Stating That They Never Responded Due To An Administration Error And If Allowed To Take The Case To Court They Strongly Believe That They Would Win.

There Solicitor Has Also Asked For Me To Supply My Evidence To Them But When I Spoke To The Court They Advised That If The Judge Requires Anything He Will Ask For This....

we Are Now Awaiting A Hearing But I Cant Believe That They Have Been Able To Do This Soo Late On...

any Advise Please I'm Willing To Fight Them And Take This To The End But Im Feeling Rather Nervous And Anxious.

Is There Anything That You Recommend Me Doing Or Is There Any Evidence On This Sight That I Can Read Over In Relation To The Charges.

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

NATTIE

Default Re: Rbs Appeals 4wks After Judgement Has Been Issued

I would PM a mod or PM Glennuk who is very informative on this type of thing, IMHO

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Thankyou Very Much For Responding To My Message But Could You Please Clarify What Pm A Mod Or Pm Glennuk Is Many Thanks

Banned Karnevil

Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Hi Thanks For Replying....the Bank Applied To Set Aside Judgement 21days After It Was Issued...haven't Had A Hearing Come Through From The Court Yet But When I Called The Court To See What Was Happening I Was Advised That It Can Take Up To Four Weeks To Hear A Response. The Initial Claim Was Issued On The 18 Aug 06 And The Bank Had Until 6 Sept 06 To Respond Which They Failed To Do So The Judgement Was Entered Against The Bank On The 8 Sept 06 And Then A Warrant Was Issued On The 14 Sept 06

Gold Account Holder Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK's Avatar

Is this claim taking place in scotland or england?

And 'pm' means send a private message to someone.

It may help people to advise you/comment if you post some details of your claim.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless
    Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07
    Barclaycard - Settled cheque received
    Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07
    Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07
    GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty
    MBNA - Settled in Full
    GE Capital (1st National) Settled
    Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07
    MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here Glenn Vs MBNA
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    DNA Informative DNA Informative DNA Informative

You may apply to set aside a default Judgment at any time - read this for the circumstances:

PART 13 - SETTING ASIDE OR VARYING DEFAULT JUDGMENT

Like Glenn said, we're flying in the dark without more detail.

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Hi Thanks For Replying Glenn This Claim Is Taking Place In England My Claim Is For 5000 And Has Been Ongoing Since The End Of June The RBSicon Have Only Made Contact With A Standard Letter At The Start But I Had Not Heard Anything Off Them Until They Filed To Set Aside The Judgement Is This Normal

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Hi Thanks For Replying Could You Advise Me What Extra Details I Would Need To Post For Me To Get Some More Help

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Default RE

HI

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK Authoritative Glenn UK's Avatar

James

You need to basically summarise your claim so far and any reposnses/defence from RBOS. From what youre saying though you dont have anything until the request to set aside the judgement.

I do wonder whether you can write to the court opposing the application to set asied the judgement since it (CPR 13) does require the applicant to make aprompot application.

Do you know DNA and also is it likley to have any bearing on the courts decision?

Is there a time specified for which to respind back to the courts?

If noy give them a ring and ask if you can object the application to set the judgement aside based on the lack of a case on the part of the defendant?

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless
    Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07
    Barclaycard - Settled cheque received
    Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07
    Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07
    GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty
    MBNA - Settled in Full
    GE Capital (1st National) Settled
    Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07
    MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here Glenn Vs MBNA
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    DNA Informative DNA Informative DNA Informative

In my experience, when someone submits an application to set aside Judgment, a Judge will normally decide the application at a hearing unless they feel they can deal with it on the papers alone. There are some procedural reasons where the Court can and will set the Judgment aside, they are all explained in CPR part 13. If James's claim does not fall into one of the "automatic" set aside categories, then he'll (unfortunately) have to wait and see what the Court decide. If RBSicon can demonstrate that they have reasonable prospects of successfully defending the claim, a Court may be minded to set aside the Judgment and issue directions for the future conduct of the matter - again, this is entirely at a Judge's discretion. One thing in James's favour - Courts tend to take a dim view of Defendants ignoring timescales laid down by the CPR in responding to claims, especially if that Defendant is a company (and probably with Cobbetts' backing) - so he might get lucky and the Court will refuse to set aside and the Judgment will stand, James can proceed with his Warrant and RBS should pay up.

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Default i have a hearing date for the 27/11/06

hi can anyone help me as i am at court on monday 27th of november for a hearing as the RBSicon are trying to set aside judgement. The RBS only acted once i had sent the bayliff in to collect the money. they blamed incompetence for not acting earlier

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Default been to court today

hi ihave been to court today 27/11/06 to face RBSicon who wanted to set aside judgement as they never made contact until i sent a bayliff to collect my money. Got to court at lunch hoping no one would turn up but rbs sent there represetative from cobbetts she was not a very nice person but the judge was fantastic, but unfotunatly had to set aside judgement and gave a court date for next week. The judge metioned that he had not heard of a case to go to court and warned the women from cobbetts this had big implications for the rbs if they lost and told me i need to be able to prove that the charges are penalty charges can anyone give me a bit of advise as to how i should argue my case thanks

Basic Account Holder
    justwon Novitiate justwon Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Default Re: been to court today

What court and who represented Cobbetts?

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

Nottingham crown court and a barrister called miss Duckworth i think!

Basic Account Holder

Emily Duckworth that will be

Basic Account Holder

Basic Account Holder
    james76 Novitiate

have you dealt with her before

Basic Account Holder

No. Heard of her though. If you goto the NatWest forum and ask you will find others who have dealt with her, if it interests you.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details