Brian vs Royal Bank of Scotland

hendersonb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Well finally started getting round to starting the claim process, just about to send of my preliminary letter to RBS with a schedule of the charges that i'm claiming. Total i'm claiming is £736.00 from Feb 2003 - Nov 2005.

I will be claiming in Scotland so I have a £750 limit to go through small claims court, I'll look at claiming the rest of the charges back if this is successful.

Fingers crossed this will be straight forward

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

LBA sent recorded delivery on 26th Feb. Recieved a phone call at work from a girl from my local branch today saying that an offer of what i was asking for had been posted out to me, if I don't recieve it by Tuesday I'm to give her a call.

Well hopefully they'll settle before court to save me running around doing more work. If I get a successful settlement i'll go after the rest of the charges from then when this has completed (i.e The funds are in my hand).

If I were you try to avoid telephone contact - it's far easier for them to go back on their word. Insist they put everything in writing so you have proof.

• Haha 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

I'm just intrested in what they say - won't give them any extra time for promises made on the phone, unless the offer is in black and white i'll proceed to the next stage on the time scale that I gave them

Sorry, not saying you shouldn't ring them, just ensure you get anything written down too. You could even consider recording them!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Well spoke to Sandy Watt today, not sure why but I thought Sandy was a guy was a bit thrown when she introduced herself as Sandy Watt, looks like she's gonna offer me the full amount - Offer in the post - all I need to do is sign and return (or in my case write my own acceptance letter on MY terms). Hopefully shouldn't be long till this ones settled then on to the next set :-D

OK, sen't my own letter of acceptance last night - in their pre-paid 2nd class envelope - making £9.2bn you'd think they could afford 1st class for their reply envelopes.

Now all I have to do is wait for it being credited, then i'll fill in my survey, make a donation and then start all over again for the next set.

Where did you send your LBA to? I sen't mine to my branch - so I think they may have been chasing up Sandy Watt to get it resolved, I got a phone call at work from my branch the day they recieved my LBA and I know that the lady I had spoke to had contacted the Customer Relations Unit to chase it up and find out what was happening. I'm guessing thats why I had such a prompt response.

I sent my LBA to the Customer relations freepost address (although i paid for recorded delivery!), i also filled out an online complaint form to catch extra attention to my claim

I know they received my letter as its been signed for, its just a case of waiting now