Taking HSBC on...

Glitterari
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after much deliberating and debating with myself for the past 4-6 weeks, I have decided to bite the bullet and get on with it and take HSBC on. It's taken a while to pull me finger out and have a proper look at things.

And it's not actually as bad as I first thought! It felt like I was getting charged left, right and centre month after month...but that's not actually the case. The worst thing for me is that they charged me say £30 for whatever reason and didn't even bother to spend the few pennies to even send me a letter to let me know! That really does take the p***! But it seems a lot of people on here have had that experience with the banks.

Anyways - I've got my graduate account (to get wages paid into) with HSBC and a normal 'bank' account (to pay the bills from) and have charges for both accounts which total £647 for past 6 years.

Luckily I was a good girl and have kept most of my statements for that time period - the ones I've misplaced/possibly not ever even received (and there is only maybe 3 missing ones) I have managed to find and checked out online. I've also inputted all info into the excel sheet for the 8% interest so I have my figures for that now.

I have now filled in the blanks in the template letter and that just needs to be posted (by recorded delivery of course), but first needs to be printed...just found out that our printer is not working so good. So printing of letters will have to wait til the bosses back is turned on Monday!

And I will keep you posted - the cash, when I get it is going to help clear debts...

Until I have an update...

C xxx

HSBC - full refund = £647

Capital One - full refund of £220 + court costs + interest

Well, after much deliberating and debating with myself for the past 4-6 weeks, I have decided to bite the bullet and get on with it and take HSBC on. It's taken a while to pull me finger out and have a proper look at things.

And it's not actually as bad as I first thought! It felt like I was getting charged left, right and centre month after month...but that's not actually the case. The worst thing for me is that they charged me say £30 for whatever reason and didn't even bother to spend the few pennies to even send me a letter to let me know! That really does take the p***! But it seems a lot of people on here have had that experience with the banks.

Anyways - I've got my graduate account (to get wages paid into) with HSBC and a normal 'bank' account (to pay the bills from) and have charges for both accounts which total £647 for past 6 years.

Luckily I was a good girl and have kept most of my statements for that time period - the ones I've misplaced/possibly not ever even received (and there is only maybe 3 missing ones) I have managed to find and checked out online. I've also inputted all info into the excel sheet for the 8% interest so I have my figures for that now.

I have now filled in the blanks in the template letter and that just needs to be posted (by recorded delivery of course), but first needs to be printed...just found out that our printer is not working so good. So printing of letters will have to wait til the bosses back is turned on Monday!

And I will keep you posted - the cash, when I get it is going to help clear debts...

Until I have an update...

C xxx

• 1 month later...

Starting a new thread, because my previous one, along with many others it seems has disappeared!

Umm - HSBC charges total...£647.

Have finally managed to set up another bank account - took about a month from filling out the application online! It's with Natwest and it's the one with cheque book and debit card, so I was very pleased, as I thought I would only be able to get a basic cash card one!

So I am ready to roll with HSBC. Going to print letter off at work (as nicer printer) and get it posted recorded delivery asap.

Carly

editsign.gifThreads joined. Not disappeared, you might need to change your settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm - v surprised not even a fob off letter.

LBA with deadline being posted tomorrow. Deadline is: close of business on Friday 12th May 06.

Then MoneyClaim.

C xx

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have had a speedy reply this time around considering they ignored my first letter.

The letter today is offering me a full and final settlement of £300 (claim is for £647). And of course admitting no liability whatsover. They also say that if it resulted in court action then of course they would win but say they 'are mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may incur in relation to such a claim'.

I obviously want to get the whole lot back as the £300 is not even half the total claim (although I am extremely impressed they have offered this much first off). They want me to sign the agreement agreeing to the full and final and return it.

The deadline for a full refund is currently close of business on Friday 12th May.

Am I correct in thinking that I should write them another letter acknowledging the offer but refusing nothing less than full settlement and by the original deadline?

BTW I just love how the banks keep saying please refer to the 'enclosed leaflet' which sets out x, y, z - the one they never actually include...anyone else finding that.

I am v pleased with this offer - it only serves to give me the confidence that I will get it all back in full and hopefully without needing to go via moneyclaim...

C xx

I have compiled my reply - don't have the letter on this computer as I did it at work, but basically said that I accept the refund of £300, but not as a full and final settlement and I would seek to recover the rest via the county court unless I have received a refund for the full amount by close of business on 12/5. I did not sign and return the agreement.

C xxx

Well I am sitting here extremely smug now.

Have received a full and final settlement offer for £647 which is the full amount.

Just need to sign and return.

Not even a confidentiality clause.

Didn't even need to do moneyclaim.

Excellent.

THANK YOU DAVE, BANKFODDER AND EVERYONE AT CAG.

Hi Lizzie,

first off I simply addressed it to the manager of my local branch. It will probably get passed along to correct department from there so don't worry.

I didn't have a 'point of contact' until after my LBA.

C xx

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks