Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: bertiep v RBOS

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2007

Default bertiep v RBOS

Hi folks

This is my 1st post and would like some advice before I make my bank charges claim against RBOS.

1. I have been away from RBOS for 18 months but held a royalties gold account with them for 15 years. Can I still make a claim for bank charges and how far back can i claim?

2. I am currently half way through a trust deed and left owing RBOS a large bank loan and overdraft (Which have been taking over by the trust deed). Will they tell me to stop being so silly because I owe them so much?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

bertiep

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2006

Default Re: bertiep v RBOS

Quote Originally Posted by bertiep View Post
    Hi folks

This is my 1st post and would like some advice before I make my bank charges claim against RBOS.

1. I have been away from RBOS for 18 months but held a royalties gold account with them for 15 years. Can I still make a claim for bank charges and how far back can i claim?

Yes you can and you can go back 6 yearsicon.

2. I am currently half way through a trust deed and left owing RBOS a large bank loan and overdraft (Which have been taking over by the trust deed). Will they tell me to stop being so silly because I owe them so much?

Not at all, BUT they may say okay now you owe us X minus the unfair bank charges we've just 'refunded' you. i.e you may not actually get a cheque for the charges it might just be a reduction in your debt, although I'm sure someone more experienced here will clarify this point as I'm not 100% sure here.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

bertiep
    Good luck!!

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks for that. Is it better sending a letter to start the ball rolling, or to phone the bank direct?

Any help appreciated.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

Letters....always letters.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi again

I have received my 6 yearsicon worth of statements today. One query. I had a royalties gold account which charged 10 every month, just for having the account. It shows up on my statements as INT which is interest. Do I include these in my claim?

Cheers

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2006

No, you can only claim things that are CHG. there is a royalties fee every month tho. there is a sticky thread regarding this.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

Be aware, the Royalties fee (was 8 then 10 now 12 I believe) always appears on your statement under the entry 'CHG TO A/C XXXXXXXX' on about the same day every month. If this CHG is more than those levels then there is an element of the CHG that is over-limit penalty which CAN be claimed.

The 'INT TO A/C XXXXXXXX' contains BOTH your authorised-overdraft interest AND any interest accrued due to UNAUTHORISED (i.e. over-limit) borrowing - charged at around 29.8%. You can claim some of this back if it can be attributed to penalty charges.

Follows
    Following

CHGs and INTs, INTs and CHGs!!

I have put a detailed explanation of filling your spreadsheet here.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi there

3 weeks ago I sent off a letter to the RBSicon reclaiming 878.28 in bank charges. Today I received a lettericon advising me that they will be refunding me the full amount. Happy days I hear you say. Unfortunately not! 20 months ago I entered a Trust Deed and have not used the RBS bank account since then. I currently bank elsewhere. My RBS account has remained open and currently is showing a 3500 overdraft. Todays letter says they will be crediting my RBS bank account, thus bringing my overdraft down. Lovely. Not! Has anyone experienced a similar conclusion and found a way to force the bank to pay these charges by cheque.

Any help appreciated.

Unfortunately, there's not.

They are well within their rights to pay the money into this account and I don't think there is anyway of challenging their action - I have tried with several other people but I've run out of ideas.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks Taff

I was thinking it was a no-goer. Never mind...

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details