lolaj vs RBoS

lolaj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading as much as I can, am going to go ahead and start my claim...my question is, I have most of my bank statements already, except a couple of pages, should I skip the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter and go straight to sending my first letter requesting the charges to be refunded(together with my schedule of charges), or should I send the SAR letter first?

Thanks everyone.

Have a look at the bank statements you have. Lots of the charges come out on a certain day and it is often the same each month. So if some of the missing statements include this date - get them! Also - you will see that there will be referral charges on certain months - if there are high charges at the end of that month / start of preceeding month then it would imply that the reason for the referral etc must be around somewhere - check to see if any missing pages might include those.

I'd say it is worth the extra days to get it all together - you want to look organised and so on in the claim. You don't want to miss anything! Eg - I called the bank and complained sometimes and had certain charges refunded. The refud didn't appear on same day as charge, of course. So I would have looked like a fool if I'd tried to recliam that and then found I was missing the page that showed I'd been refunded anyway!

I found that by calling phone banking and just asking for statements, they arrived v fast - it cost me £5.

7-11-06 Requested statements from bank

11-11-06 Statements received

3-2-07 Finally send letter demanding repayment of £1,993.81

8-2-07 received first bog off letter - 'sorry to hear you are dissatisfied - passing you to customer services...'

21-3-07 letter ofering full refund of charges (£1037) less the contractual interest. As have NOT filed to court yet, am accepting payment of charges.

Good luck! It took me ages to get going once I finally got my statements - I got the letter off this week in the end. Now the waiting game begins...

I look forward to hearing how you get on!

7-11-06 Requested statements from bank

11-11-06 Statements received

3-2-07 Finally send letter demanding repayment of £1,993.81

8-2-07 received first bog off letter - 'sorry to hear you are dissatisfied - passing you to customer services...'

21-3-07 letter ofering full refund of charges (£1037) less the contractual interest. As have NOT filed to court yet, am accepting payment of charges.