RBOS - can you reclaim Overdraft Interest Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hi everyone

Can someone help me with a quite basic question (I have searched quite a lot of websites and cant really find an answer to this one). I have received my statements from RBS within a week of asking and was charged £5 for 6 years worth of statements.

The majority of my statements contain charges for CHG (charges) which I assume are for being overdrawn, followed by INT (interest).

Do I just total up all the CHG and claim for the total amount?

Can I also total up the INT and claim for this also?

I have seen some quite confusing postings about spreadsheets and calculators for the INT part which seem terribly complicated.

Hi there and welcome!:)

Dependant upon which type of account you have you should not claim on the total amount under CHG only the unauthorised part. EG. if you are a Royalties Account Holder I think they charge £15 per month so anything over and above that charge you should claim for. Rates are different so you should check what rate you are paying for the Royalties Service. Also, you should claim on the INT part too.

Hi Marcelle

thanks for your posting. I just have a basic current account i.e. not Royalties Gold or anything like that. I have trawelled through 6 years of statements and only found 4 x CHG's amounting to £45. However if you then look at the INT entries, there are many, these amount of £450+. Quite a big difference. Are you saying then that I can submit a claim for the CHG's and the INT's?

Hi pink

Short answer is yes you can however you can only claim back the proportion of interest that was charged against the charges on your account. I have written up an explanation of this here. That should help explain.

The spreadsheets do calculate this for you so don't get flustered if it's a bit confusing.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!