Hillesden Security Services-Who are they?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a very pretty pink stripey postcard in the post this morning.

On the reverse of the card the following:

Ms XXXX

We would like to arrange for a representative to call at your address within the next week.

To speak to one of our co-ordinators please telephone XXX XXX on XXXXX quoting reference number XXXX.

Now I have no idea what this is about and just wondered if any one has had any dealings with this company. I'm assuming it has to do with some debt or another and with my track record it's lottery as to which one.

Obviously I have no intentions of inviting any representative to my home. Just thought I'd see if anyone has any info on this company before I ring them to tell them that.

Fairclaire,

This is one of the companies chasing me for a debt that someone else took out in my name. I believe they have links to Barclays or Barclaycard card.

I would not even ring them, because that would make them think that you have time for them. If you do not know what it is about, then i would put that pretty piece of pink paper in the bin

They cleverly disguised themselves as Direct Loans and Collections on the letter they sent to me.:x

Goodluck

B

Hillesden Securities Ltd is part of the privately owned Faccenda Group,owned by Robin Faccenda, a chicken farmer with a £75million personal fortune, according to the Sunday Times Rich List. They trade as Direct Legal & Collections and are complete edit. They are hounding my mentally ill wife for a second hand debt bought from MBNA.

Thanks all for the info.

Haven't bothered to ring yet and don't think I'll bother at all. I'll let them write to me with whatever it is that they want.

Can only be an old debt as I have no recent ones. and thought all the old ones were sorted out? Well whatever it is I'm sure they'll let me know soon enough

Thanks again everyone who replied

Claire

• 9 months later...

Ok a bit late in the year for a posting to this subjectbut, I have recently received a fancy stripey bit of paper also- asking me to phone and quote XXXX or they will arrange to send a 'representative' round to visit me- I assume the 'represantative' will be the type called "Daz" or "Gaz"- eaten one too many pies, sports a couple of faded eagle tattoos on each arm and has a shaved haircut? or is that what the TV biz does to you- make you cynical!

However- seriously, the said debt, is only small, and something I am currently contesting via a solicitor- I received a letter from "Direct Legal" some months ago regarding the said debt of £55.00- I replied with a letter, stating I was contesting the amount and had referred the matter to a solicitor- also including their details so "Direct Legals" accounts can contact my solicitor directly for confirmation. My reply was posted recorded delivery- I had no response to this letter in any form (which was delivered- I did check), and now I receive this slip- which I will pass on to my solicitor.

Has anyone on here also had similar experiences? I assume the offices of "Direct Legal" are either in-efficient or just plain arrogant?

• 7 months later...

i have also recieved one of these little pink cards through the post, i really don't see why they are trying to get in contacct with me as i don't have any debts.

i have caller ID so have now put the number that was on the little card on my phone so if and when they phone i can ignore them.

• 4 months later...

woohoo i got one this morning aswell now i dont feel so left out , im tempted to ring them on monday and ask them to come and visit me , ( im off to cyprus tomorrow ) im sure the agent would appreciate the trip ha ha

• 1 year later...

Hi

I got one of these postcards in the post this morning addressed to my husband. We have a DMP through CCCS which includes an egg debt which I think this postcard refers to. I just wondered if anyone has ignored the postcard as suggested in previous posts and what happened as a result? I'm worried that the heavies are going to turn up unannounced when I'm home alone with 3 very small children.

Any advice?

Thanks

Hi

I got one of these postcards in the post this morning addressed to my husband. We have a DMP through CCCS which includes an egg debt which I think this postcard refers to. I just wondered if anyone has ignored the postcard as suggested in previous posts and what happened as a result? I'm worried that the heavies are going to turn up unannounced when I'm home alone with 3 very small children.

Any advice?

Thanks

First of all Moomoo, don't worry, if anyone turns up they have no legal powers at all, tell them to get off of your property or you will call the police.

These so called doorstep collectors have no more right to ask for money off you than I do if I knocked at your door unannounced.

Just keep the postcard for reference and wait to see what else turns up, they will write again eventually, just remember that a DCA is similar to a school bully, they pick on the uninformed and vulnerable and if you stand up to them, they'll eventually move on to someone else who have not yet found CAG.

When/if you recieve anything else, start your own thread and advise will follow.

Best Wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 3 months later...

I've just had my 6 monthly demand fo £1864.85 off these chancers. Remember Direct Auto Finance? I do. Now nearly 5 years ago I returned a car under the halves and thirds rule. Direct Auto Finance found a bizarre loophole and took me to court. I paid the full amount immediately. Three months later they threatened me demanding more money. They even broke the DPA giving my details to a finance company suggesting I take out a loan to pay the imaginary amount. DAF went 'bang' but resurrected itself as Hillesden securities. Remember. If it quacks, has got webbed feet and waddles its a duck!!!! It seems to me as time passes the only people they are kidding is themselves.