Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    susiep Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default mcol/default judgment question

Hi, i submitted my moneyclaimicon 0n 5th Jan, and it was deemed served on 10th jan - i had an acknowledgment stating intent to defend on 16th jan. Since then i have heard absolutely nothing - am i right in thinking that tomorrow i can apply for default judgment? And that they are likely to get their defemce in at literally the last minute? Is this standard RBSicon stuff?

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: mcol/default judgment question

No its 28 days
    then you can file for judgement

Halifax settled
    Halifax (again) settled
    Nationwide settled
    Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    susiep Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2006

i thought it was 28 days from date of service, which if it was 10th of jan would be tomorrow, i think

Basic Account Holder
    Greekos74 Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Its 14 days from the date of service which is calculated as 5 days after the intial request unless is was specifically served on them before that I believe. Unless they file an acknowledgement of service which then gives them an extra 14 days.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2006

sorry!

If they file an acknowledgmenticon of service within 14 days of service of the particulars of claim, this extends the time for filing a defence to 28 days from service of the particulars of claim.

Halifax settled
    Halifax (again) settled
    Nationwide settled
    Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

They get 28 calendar days from service to submit defence, if they don't you can go for default judgement.

They usually leave it to the last minute though - in my case defence was due on Friday but I didn't get it until Saturday.

Even if you get judgement it is likely that they will apply for a set-asideicon. I believe you get an input into the decision on set-asideicon so it might be worth pointing out (I read this in a thread here somewhere) that the banks tend to use this tactic as a delay and inevitably settle out of court in any case.

Some Judges are refusing set-asides because of this delaying tactic.

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details