Debt sold to CL Finance - CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am new to the forum although I have been watching with interest for a while. You have given me the confidence to deal with my debts and try to reclaim unlawful charges etc. I start with a store card. I wrote to Howard Cohen before Xmas asking them to provide me with statement for my Dorothy Perkins account (GEC) over the last six years, deed of assignment from GEC to CL Finance who are also known as The Lewis Group (Howard Cohen being their Legal Dept) and also to complain about their conduct. They sent me statements going back to 09/10/2001 with the last statement being 09/05/2004 where my balance was £528.83. At this point (May 2004), GEC had stopped applying interest as my husband & I had both lost our jobs and we had written to GEC for a payment plan. Due to an oversight on my husbands part the payment plan failed (he only missed two). I didn't hear anything after this but when I checked my credit file I found out that I had a CCJ which was owed to CL Finance. I have since found out that the debt was sold to CL Finance on 6th October 2004, however the balance was then £542.83) with a load of others (I can actually make out their names, account numbers and balances) and they got a judgement by default on 29/11/2004. I have been able to work out that the balance sold to CL Finance was made up of £226.37 interest, £76.00 late payment (charged charged between a 7 week period) & the £14.00 difference to the end balance to what was sold to CL. There was also a couple of small purchases and account insurance. I have hardly ever heard from CL Finance but am now paying them £10.00 per month. Is there anything that I can do about the CCJ especially due to the interest and charges?